Inconsistent date display in TV Guide (1 Viewer)

drumrob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2017
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not sure if this is a MP thing or a skin thing (PureVision), but has been an issue since I started using MP (1.12, currently 1.22 Pre). As you can see at the top of the screen, I have formatted the time according to my region (United States), but in all sections of the TV Guide (including Recorded, Search, Scheduler...) the date in the list displays in the European format. 9-4 makes me think "September 4" instead of April 9. Wouldn't it be easier to just have MP automatically follow the OS settings?
    MP Date.jpg

drumrob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2017
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks Owlsroost and catavolt for your replies! As you can see in the attached screenshots, my Windows as well as my MP settings are in the U.S. format, but MP still displays in the European format in the TV Guide area.
    MP and Win Date Settings.jpg

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've created a Jira (bugtracker) entry for this issue - [MP1-4958] Inconsistent date display format in TV Guide - MediaPortal Jira
    Git branch (based on MP 1.22 final release) with @mrj fix added is here - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

Attached is 'MP 1.22 final release' installer build with the fix included for testing (note - I haven't tried or tested this build myself).

Latest build (with minor regression fix added) is here - Inconsistent date display in TV Guide

Last edited:

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Many thanks @Owlsroost for the build. I have tested your build with regions US, UK, DE and FR both for TV and radio. All {recorded, searchguide... ,andscheduled} pass the test.
    The fix uses the format for month/day in Windows, so germans get their . between month and day.totest 5jos you just change the short date format in windows.
    /mrj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom