info for new members about how to post support requests (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Its not news to anyone who spends time on the Forum that new members seeking help almost always neglect to post enough information to get support with issues they are having with installing/configuring/troubleshooting Mediaportal.

I would hazzard a guess that one of the most common posts on here is "yes we're happy to help but please post your logs/system details so we can see whats going on" - or variations thereof

The stickies and Sigs dont seem to be getting the message across. The fact that new members arent reading them is a statement of the obvious. Seems to me its worth trying another method of making this information available.

Would it be possible to create either a pop-up message, or an automated email for new forum members advising them to post logs and system specs?

I accept that it may be the case that this may or may not work, but could it be at least tried to see if it gives people a better footing for making their first posts. It may save everyone involved (people asking for support and those responding to them) a lot of effort and time.

Thanks for considering the suggestion.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the constructive idea, we are working on some options atm to 'force' the user to add proper logs and background informations. There will be some changes in the near future to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom