Initialising Direct X please point me somewhere (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for your reply sci doctor the motherboard I have is Asus A7V133 jumperfree 200/266MHz FSB AGP Pro/4X socket A motherboard.

How do I check my AGP aperture settings in my motherboard bios? I went to my bios by restart & F1 but could find nothing in my advance settings to do with the graphics card. I should have another look,

Thanks
    Lacanox

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The manual/guide for the motherboard should have the deatails if they are available. If you don't have it try the website for the manufacturer.

The XFX HD 4650 I use for testing works on AGP4x and with a 250w shuttle psu so should be fine with your MB. CPU was an AMD XP 1800 and MP worked without issues SD and HD @1920i @1920p. This may be your cheapest upgrade but be aware some MB have compatability issues with late model AGP cards although I see yours is infact an Intel chipset which have less issues than VIA.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help SciDoctor, so I have downloaded MPTVClient, are TVSERVER & VLC both different downloads? sorry I am still rather new to all things mediaportal.[DOUBLEPOST=1357485973][/DOUBLEPOST]I had a look at this site http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/19750-xfx-trots-radeon-hd-4650-agp/ it says I need a power supply of 400 watts. Do you have a link to the precise card you mean in the XFX HD 4650 range? anyway thanks again for the advice sorry to be a pain.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    XFX HD 465X ZPF2 is the model number.

Stating 400 watts gives them cover for badly designed poor efficiency psu's.

You can easily replace the psu if a problem for less than 20GBP but if you are needing to do that it may be best to think hard about a new pc (250+ GBP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom