Input devices shortcuts not working on the USB remote (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry I sent the wrong file, which you probably cannot play.
    In the video I can not see you trying to complete a mapping process.
    It seems you didn't select a key action to map it in a second dialog. The first dialog (visible in your video) is just to select the device.
    Please refer also to the wiki to see the steps.

I see that some premapped keys do not work though.

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    The key inputs of E and Y had already been entered, I was just showing that. If they were not entered correctly as you say then why do they show up correctly (on the key viewer) when pressed by either the keyboard or the remote. The difference is that with the keyboard MP2 responds, while with the remote it does not. Please view it again.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @goorawin,
    Can you confirm that when you enter the Function Shortcuts item in the config screen and the dialog pops up asking you to press an input on the device you want to configure that you are pressing a button on the remote and not the keyboard? This is important because the mappings are per device in MP2, not per key, i.e. just because you've mapped the E key on the keyboard it doesn't mean that pressing the E key on the remote will also be mapped, you need to map it separately. Pressing an input on the appropriate device at the dialog ensures you are viewing the mapping for that device. From your description it sounds like you have mapped the keys using your keyboard and are expecting them to just work for your remote?

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay in replying, however since this is a new system I decided to start from scratch and re-install everything including the OS. The system now appears to be working as it should although many key inputs from the remote are still not being recognized by the input device which means a limited number of keys have to be used. Because there is no way of knowing what keys can or cannot be used this process becomes very slow and tedious. Is it possible to edit (in a text editor) the remote file? If so what’s it’s directory and path?

One other area I would like to know, is there an easy way to change the order of the online video sites? Also I am unable to find a way mark and separate a list of the favourites sites.

Thanks for all your help.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The system now appears to be working as it should although many key inputs from the remote are still not being recognized by the input device which means a limited number of keys have to be used.
    I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and upload the log files afterwards. Maybe @Brownard can see something and a solution can be found.

One other area I would like to know, is there an easy way to change the order of the online video sites? Also I am unable to find a way mark and separate a list of the favourites sites.
    Please open a thread in the OnlineVideo section for this, we should not mix 2 topics in one thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom