"insert DVD" clip for DVDs (1 Viewer)

Kingmob

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have some problems with archiving my DVDs. The dvd's are reported as unable to read in the log, even though i can play them out of mediaportal. Since I like to use moving pictures as a catalog, i still want them into my database.
So as a current solution i have made a small "insert movie" mkv file. I put a nfo file with the imdb number next to it and moving pictures imports it correctly.
Now if i want to play the movie in Moving Pictures i get a "Please insert dvd..." dialog :)

Although it wasn't that much work and it isn't very spectacular, i'll attach the file here, for anyone having similar problems. I think it works fine as a temporary solution anyway. The file is attached as zip, since mkv isn't allowed (but avi is :|)

View attachment Insert DVD.zip

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you post the debug logs of when you insert a DVD? Seems like you went to a lot of trouble to create some workaround to eliminate a problem you shouldn't be having in the first place :p Moving Pictures should be able to catalog your BR/DVDs and prompt you to insert them when you want to watch them.

Kingmob

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well as far as i could tell from the logs the DVDs could not be read at all. I concluded from this that it wasn't a moving pictures problem, but related to the general mediaportal settings. Changing ways of handling dvds (different menu driver etc.) did not help.

[edit] Now that i read my first post, i think I was a bit unclear. This problem only arises for 2 of my DVDs at the moment. So it wasn't a lot of work ;) (the movie itself maybe took 10 minutes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom