Install a supported audio/video encoder for your software analog card (1 Viewer)

maurbeast

Portal Member
June 24, 2010
Home Country
Greece Greece
hi all,

whenever i try scanning analogue channels i keep getting this message no matter which of the 2 (hybrid) tv cards i scan with.
after searching endlessly along the forums i havent been able to trace the cause of this problem.

please note that dvb-t dvb-s are working perfectly (at least until now) and i have been able to view analogue channels either via windows media center or via software provided by the manufacturer of the tv cards.

i have measured the signal coming from the antenna and it is OK, meaning it cannot be an issue having to do with the signal.
i am using latest drivers for all components on the htpc and latest stable version of mediaportal i.e.
the tv card in use is an aver media 'aver tv duo hybrid'

at this point my only guess is that the issue has to do with mediaportal not recognising part (i.e. analogue tuners) of the tv cards.

please let me know any thoughts you think may help out.
willing and POSSIBLY able to provide any logs requested (havent tried producing any yet).

2nd issue (less important)
i am looking to get a tv card either with dvbt and dvbs s2 or one with dvb-t dvb-c but which can take a card (will be used in greece). i am thinking of a blackgold bgt3595.

thanks to all in advance for reading,
maurbeast.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi maurbeast

Thanks for starting the thread. ;)
    Okay, to make analog tuners work in TV Server, something has to encode the analog signal into a digital signal so that TV Server can understand it. Some tuners have hardware for doing that, but yours do not. That is not a problem as long as you have software that can encode the signal. The message that you are seeing is to tell you that TV Server can't find any software to do that job. Either that, or there is some other more serious problem (for which I would need to see logs)...

This page on the wiki -->here<-- will tell you about the TV Server requirements for your tuner. I happen to know that the software encoder that Avermedia provides with most of its analog tuners is not compatible with TV Server. You will need to install other encoder software. Are you using MP 1.2.0a or 1.2.0b?

i am looking to get a tv card either with dvbt and dvbs s2 or one with dvb-t dvb-c but which can take a card (will be used in greece). i am thinking of a blackgold bgt3595.
    The BGT3595 will work in TV Server for DVB-T and DVB-S2, however the analog will not work, and neither will DiSEqC satellite switching...

mm

maurbeast

Portal Member
    June 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    many thanks for all replies.
    will try sorting it all out this afternoon. and will come back with results

i am using 1.1.3. which, as i understand it, is the latest stable release, right?

many thanks once more for the time you lads took to revert so swiftly.
    maurbeast

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    many thanks for all replies.
    No problem - I'm happy to help. :)

i am using 1.1.3. which, as i understand it, is the latest stable release, right?
    That is correct, although 1.2.0b is pretty stable too. 1.2.0b has *much* better support for analog than 1.1.x, therefore I'd recommend that you upgrade if it is at all possible.

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello,

It's not the same card (it's Aver Hybrid Speedy Pci-e), but it works for me with:

Mediaportal 1.2 beta (not with 1.1.3).
    ATI Avivo Encoders installed and selecteds in first position (in TVServer Configuration->General->Encoders).
    If I install also Intervideo Encoders the analog tv doesn't works (it's the same if Intervideo Encoder is in first or another position).

I also updated my remote control plugin. Maybe it woirks for your card also.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hv-remote-plugin-59978/index2.html#post745868

Good ludk.

Pd. ¿Anyone knows how to configure the ATI Mpeg Encoder for best quality and save it as default?. I can do this in GraphStudio with the properties tab of the filter, but I can't save the settings as default.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pantav

It's not the same card (it's Aver Hybrid Speedy Pci-e), but it works for me with:

Mediaportal 1.2 beta (not with 1.1.3).
    ATI Avivo Encoders installed and selecteds in first position (in TVServer Configuration->General->Encoders).
    If I install also Intervideo Encoders the analog tv doesn't works (it's the same if Intervideo Encoder is in first or another position).
    I have both the Intervideo and ATI encoders installed and I can use either of them. Eventually you have to register the WinDVR software if you want the Intervideo encoders to work - otherwise they expire and can't be used. If you want to have both the ATI and Intervideo encoders installed then please post some logs showing the problem (instructions in my signature).

Pd. ¿Anyone knows how to configure the ATI Mpeg Encoder for best quality and save it as default?. I can do this in GraphStudio with the properties tab of the filter, but I can't save the settings as default.
    Right now only the Intervideo encoder parameters can be configured. We could try to add a similar configuration section for the ATI encoder in the future, however I'm not making any promises.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom