Install MediaPortal with TV-Server without Database (1 Viewer)

juanman80

December 13, 2012
Spain Spain
Hi all,
I want to install MediaPortal with TV-Server in my desktop computer, as it has the tv-card. In the same LAN, there is a dedicated server, with HTTP and MySQL server, but no tv-card...
So what I'd like to do is install MediaPortal with TV-Server but no MySQL and then connect it with the dedicated MySQL server...
Is there any how-to to do that?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Install MP in advanced Mode (not One Klick!). Then choose "Yes, I want to watch TV, choose "SingleSeat" and choose "use an existing Database". At first start of TV server config you are prompted to add your database connection details. Here you can add your Server, User and Password...

juanman80

December 13, 2012
    Spain Spain
    ok, now I see... I didn't understood the translation to my home language! haha, that's funny :p

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi
    Could you please tell which language and what should be there so we can correct this in a later release...

juanman80

December 13, 2012
    Spain Spain
    OK.
    my home language is spanish-spain (normally es-es)
    the sentence is "SQL Server ya está instalado y será usado por el servidor TV-Server.". Literally, SQL Server is already installed and will be used by TV-Server.
    What I understood: **Microsoft SQL Server is already installed and will be used by Tv-Server"
    What I would say: "Ya existe un Servidor de Bases de Datos para el Servidor de TV" . Literally, There already is a Database Server to be used by TV-Server.

The thing that mislead me was the use of "SQL Server", which is the name of Microsoft Database Server... maybe it's just that I'm too choosy...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Thanks, I Understand. Normally the MS SQL Server would be called "MSSQL"... I'll see what we can do about this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M VMWare Workstation Installation stört Mediaportal TV Server Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    T MediaPortal Extensions Manager Fehlermeldung bei Installation einer Erweiterung Installationsprobleme? 1
    W windows 7 and mediaportal 1.22 and 1.23 installer problem General Support 2
    squidina [solved] - MediaPortal 1.22 won't start even with new install General Support 4
    F [solved] Mediaportal (1 oder 2) Installation mit Fehler bei DirectX9.0 unter Windows 10 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 10
    Mr6686 [solved] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 downgrade at installation of MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 2
    L New install and new to MediaPortal 2 General 1
    Holzi [solved] MediaPortal 2 will not install - Failed to start services MediaPortal 2 1
    R Uninstalling MediaPortal completely to enable clean install. MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    D Newbie Installation, configuration support 3
    toricred x64 Bit Installer for 2.2.3 General 2
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    C Can't install any extensions - DLL error Installation, configuration support 19
    joecrow 1.25.0 5031: Error on Install. Bugreports 24
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    M MediaPortal2 TV Config Error on Install (0x80004005) General 7
    ajs [fixed] 5022: Improving the MPE Installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 42
    Rob Hexenmeister Dependency error on install v2.3.2.0 OnlineVideos 28
    ajs [fixed] 5015: Improving the MP1 installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 138
    N No TV or EPG on fresh install General 0
    D [solved] Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install Installation, configuration support 1
    doskabouter [Question] Optional installation of subcomponents in MPE1 Developer Discussions 1
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6