Install MediaPortal with TV-Server without Database (1 Viewer)

juanman80

December 13, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi all,
I want to install MediaPortal with TV-Server in my desktop computer, as it has the tv-card. In the same LAN, there is a dedicated server, with HTTP and MySQL server, but no tv-card...
So what I'd like to do is install MediaPortal with TV-Server but no MySQL and then connect it with the dedicated MySQL server...
Is there any how-to to do that?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Install MP in advanced Mode (not One Klick!). Then choose "Yes, I want to watch TV, choose "SingleSeat" and choose "use an existing Database". At first start of TV server config you are prompted to add your database connection details. Here you can add your Server, User and Password...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Could you please tell which language and what should be there so we can correct this in a later release...

juanman80

December 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OK.
    my home language is spanish-spain (normally es-es)
    the sentence is "SQL Server ya está instalado y será usado por el servidor TV-Server.". Literally, SQL Server is already installed and will be used by TV-Server.
    What I understood: **Microsoft SQL Server is already installed and will be used by Tv-Server"
    What I would say: "Ya existe un Servidor de Bases de Datos para el Servidor de TV" . Literally, There already is a Database Server to be used by TV-Server.

The thing that mislead me was the use of "SQL Server", which is the name of Microsoft Database Server... maybe it's just that I'm too choosy...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks, I Understand. Normally the MS SQL Server would be called "MSSQL"... I'll see what we can do about this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom