Installation Help (1 Viewer)

maimax_s

February 2, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm trying ti install mediaportal, but when the program installs the microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable automatically, my windows xp through this sentence:
"This aplication is not a valid aplication for win32".

Please, could somebody help me???

Thanks

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Try downloading "Microsoft visual c++ 2005 SP1" manually an installing it before running the MediaPortal installation......perhaps the auto download was corrupted..

maimax_s

February 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I' ve tried it! But I have the same problem! And I don't Know what to do?

Please help!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I ended up doing a clone disk recovery. I had just done a backup, and I figured I might as well test it -- it's been a while since I've gone through the recovery process. All good. :) I had the logs, but lost them in the recovery. Sorry. :( I believe the issue was that I had removed Windows Media Player from Windows Features. Still...
    I ended up doing a clone disk recovery. I had just done a backup, and I figured I might as well test it -- it's been a while since...
    So I tried upgrading from 1.27 to 1.28. I upgrade frequently without issues. I did a simple upgrade, so I did not delete my user...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win 10 20H2 system. Some VC runtime are also needed to be installed manually before the installation finally works...
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win...
    Having issues installing MP 2.3 on an HP Probook G6 running Windows 10 20H2 build I had to install all the dependencies DX9 and...
    Replies
    Views
    I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
    I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
    This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
    Replies
    Views
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch Mediaportal log to Debug level [MP1-5082] - Error when MP restart [MP1-5086] - XMLTV Import error - An item with the same key has already been added. Since Pre-Release : [MP1-5089] - MpurlSourceSplitter...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom