Installation issues - Win 11 (1 Viewer)

tlhackque

Portal Member
June 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
1. Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL Click "media portal 2", goes to this github link, which is a 404.
2. Downloaded the .NET version (since that link works.) Took all the defaults install go to "starting services", then died after a while saying "install failed due to an unexpected error", and rolled back.
3. Tried again, executing MP2-Setup-Logging.bat, with the attached results. I can't make much sense of the log, other than it shows that the installation failed and rolled back.
4. This is a new PC - but LapLink transferred MP2 from a Win10 machine, where it worked. I deinstalled that copy first.

I suspect it might be a permissions issue, but no clue where to look.

Any clues would be appreciated (and a clearer error message, too.)

Thanks!

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-2.5 SetupFailure.zip
    1.7 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I hope below steps will help to solve the issue:
    • If you have any version of MP2 installed, please completely uninstall first, check in "programs", if windows really does not have it installed anymore.
    • Then check, if there are any left overs from failed installation in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal". If yes, remove them
    • Then install the NET4 version from our download page: Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL

tlhackque

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the response. No change.

No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs)

There was an empty MP2-Server folder under Team Media Portal in PF X86. The net 4 version, as I indicated, is the one I installed. Or tried to.

For completeness, I deleted the (empty) folder & the Team Media Portal folder (otherwise empty), and repeated the process, including the download (directly from the link you supplied).

Same results. 5 Desktop icons appeared, "Starting Services" appeared for a while, then Icons disappeared, "rolling back" appeared, quickly followed by "Installation failed due to an unexpected error".

I believe the logs are the same, but here they are anyway.

Still looking for clues...

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-2.5.zip
      212.8 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom