Installed latest version on Windows 8.1 - don't see any setup or configuration tools (1 Viewer)

aaegroupguy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello, first I should say - this looks like a beautiful tool. BUT, I'm having problems getting the basic installation off the ground.

I just installed the latest version of Media Portal

MP2-Setup-10th_Anniversary_Edition.zip

Installed on a Windows 8.1 Pro system.

I see icons for Client and Server and I can run the client. But I don't see anyway to configure the Server / Tuners /TV Channels / etc.

Looked high and low for something that matches your documentation. What am I missing. I selected All components to be installed on a single computer.

The only two shortcuts available don't do the job.

One says Client (MediaPortal2) - it runs, I can even change skins

the second says Media Portal 2 ServiceMonitor

I looked in the programs directory and program data directories hoping to find something else to run, but didn't see anything.

It's like the .msi that I installed is missing some components.

I have set up MythTV installations and XBMC, so I know basically what is supposed to happen

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

I'll get straight to the point: if you want to use MediaPortal for TV, you're better to go with MediaPortal 1.
    MediaPortal 2 is completely different to MediaPortal 1.
    The configuration tools etc.... that is MediaPortal 1.
    MediaPortal 2 is a "ground up" rewrite from scratch. It is still a work in progress. TV support is currently better in MP1. Especially for people from the US or Canada.

mm

aaegroupguy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Ok, that is very helpful. I just figured the the "anniversary edition" would be the best.

I have the MediaPortal 1 installed now and running. Scanned my ATSC channels for my HdHomeRun Plus now the next big challange is the episode guide.

I see a plug in recommended for Schedules Direct Plug in. When I go to install it says it is incompatible with the current version.

What do you recommend for a supported EPG for use in the U.S.? Surely there must be an easy way to do this...

Thanks for the help, in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see a plug in recommended for Schedules Direct Plug in. When I go to install it says it is incompatible with the current version.
    That's odd. The SD plugin is actually compatible. :confused:
    Where did you get the plugin from and/or how did you install it?
    I note there are releases here:
    http://code.google.com/p/mp-schedulesdirect/downloads/list

What do you recommend for a supported EPG for use in the U.S.? Surely there must be an easy way to do this...
    Here are your options:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/setup-help.124506/#post-1061869

mm

aaegroupguy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2014
    Home Country
    These the the two extension versions that I have tried. I get the same error on both.

C:\Media Portal\MediaPortal_Setup_1.8.0_Final\MediaPortal_Setup_1.8.0_Final.exe
    C:\Media Portal\MediaPortal_Setup_1.8.0_Final\SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.3.0.1.mpe1
    C:\Media Portal\MediaPortal_Setup_1.8.0_Final\SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.3.0.mpe1

The error when I do a \File\Open from the Media Portal Extensions Manager is:

Dependancy Warning
    Requires TvServer v1.3.*.*

If I OK that the wizard starts but once completed it doesn't show on the list of plug-ins in the TV Server Configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom