Integrated play/pause keyboard shortcut (1 Viewer)

mowog

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
As I understand it currently, the 'play' and 'pause' functions in MP are controlled separately and are assigned separate keyboard shortcuts ('p' and <space> respectively).

What I'd like to see is the option to merge the two functions into one shortcut, so that those of us with remotes which have the two functions combined onto one key (e.g. FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus) can use that key as intended. That is, 'p' in stopped or paused state begins playback, and when playing, 'p' enters pause state.

Apologies if this has been covered previously.. didn't see a solution to this problem anywhere else.

-mowog

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I've never had to use the 'p' button. I have the same remote.

The OK button is set to the 'enter' key, and it is used when I'm selecting which song to play. The play/pause button is the 'space' key.

When I want to play a song, I scroll to it, then press the OK button to start it playing. To pause it, I press the play/pause button. The start the song playing again, I press the play/pause button again.

If I want a different song to play, I scroll to it, then press the OK button.

How do you want it to work? I don't really get what you are trying to do. If you mean that you want the selected song to start playing when you press the play/pause button when MP is in a stopped state (i.e. nothing is playing), I think that's just confusing the system. Its easier to have the OK button, start playing the selected item, then the play/pause button to control whether its paused or not. Otherwise, when do you use the play/pause button and when do you use the OK button to play the currently selected song?

Sam

mowog

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
samuel337 said:
I've never had to use the 'p' button. I have the same remote.

The OK button is set to the 'enter' key, and it is used when I'm selecting which song to play. The play/pause button is the 'space' key.

When I want to play a song, I scroll to it, then press the OK button to start it playing. To pause it, I press the play/pause button. The start the song playing again, I press the play/pause button again.

Yep, I'm using the OK button ('enter') to begin playback of media, but what I'm trying to do is use the same button to pause and resume playback once it's started. I don't use MP much for music much (yet.. I've only had the machine built for a week or so); I'm talking about within My TV or My Videos.

I have the remote set up to map the play/pause button to the 'p' key, which will resume playing once paused, but won't pause TV or video playback. Are you saying that the space key will both pause and resume playback? If that's the case, then I'm an idiot ;)

Cheers,
-m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom