Integrated Web Scheduler Plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have begun work on a fully integrated Web Scheduler plugin, which will eventually allow one to view and schedule recordings using a web browser (via a web server embedded in Media Portal). I've already got the base of the plugin written, which builds an abstracted XML representation and renders a show listing by way of a skinnable style sheet. My immediate goal is Web-based scheduling, but I hope this will eventually become a suitable external API for all sorts of scheduling integration, from a mobile phone to an Xbox.

There are plenty of kinks to work out even with what has been done so far, but enjoy this teaser image in the meantime:

webscheduler_teaser.jpg

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden
Thanks alot, keep up the good work. I'm waiting on something like this.
Is it possible to implement control parts also (start/stop playback, skip, forward,backward, choose media etc)???
It would be some faster than use VNC as remote.
/gabbe

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Will MediaPortal recognise that you've added a program to record without you having to restart MediaPortal? That was about the only problem other people have had that have done something similar.

A

Anonymous

Brocklander said:
    Will MediaPortal recognise that you've added a program to record without you having to restart MediaPortal? That was about the only problem other people have had that have done something similar.

Yes -- it will be fully integrated. Unlike other web-based scheduling solutions, this will run inside the Media Portal process, giving it access to the live state.

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    nullptr said:
    My immediate goal is Web-based scheduling, but I hope this will eventually become a suitable external API for all sorts of scheduling integration, from a mobile phone to an Xbox.

This is great news! I have started working on WAP (or actually mobile friendly xhtml) scheduling thing meant to run on IIS, but now I will probably discontinue it and implement it using your plugin. Keep up the good work!

A

Anonymous

gabbe said:
    Is it possible to implement control parts also (start/stop playback, skip, forward,backward, choose media etc)???
    /gabbe

I assume this would be useful if you have your computer in the other room but connected to your television -- is this your situation? This would probably be relatively simple to implement. I will look into it once I actually get my TV Tuner card (c'mon FedEx!) ... :eek:

A

Anonymous

snorre said:
    This is great news! I have started working on WAP (or actually mobile friendly xhtml) scheduling thing meant to run on IIS, but now I will probably discontinue it and implement it using your plugin. Keep up the good work!

This should be very simple if you are familiar with XSL.

A

Anonymous

null_pointer said:
    Interesting user name :)

:oops: :lol:

null_pointer said:
    I wrote a stand alone app like this, it is called DVB Web Scheduler:

http://dvb-ws.sourceforge.net/

Although it is written in Java the source code may be useful, check out the CVS SF:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=117011

Nice, I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. My background is Java, so there may well be good value in that code. Thanks for the pointer.

gabbe

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Sweden
    nullptr said:
    gabbe said:
    /gabbe

I assume this would be useful if you have your computer in the other room but connected to your television -- is this your situation? This would probably be relatively simple to implement. I will look into it once I actually get my TV Tuner card (c'mon FedEx!) ... :eek:

Yes, I have the computer with MP in another room and wired to 4 diff TV's. So it can be practical to use my wireless notebook as remote sometimes.

/gabbe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom