Integration of www.seesaw.com - BBC, 4OD, FIVE (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Has anyone looked at SeeSaw - If you love TV. It seems to have much of the BBC Iplayer content, along with 4OD and FIVE all under one website.

I am not sure if it can be accessed from outside the UK?

Anyone used it much? I have just been told about it by a friend at work.

Would integration into Onlinevideos be possible?

Cheers

Rob

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    From what i've read more and more shows will be put on seesaw and it will become the main UK TV on demand site. I even think most of iPlayer may be moved across. Now ITV need to get with it, and let seesaw have access to their stuff

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Only thing to point out here is that you have advertising forced on you. From what I understand the same content on the original on-demand players (eg. 4OD and iPlayer) do not have as many adverts.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I haven't actually had a chance to test it until now, as my broadband has been down and my work PC won't allow me to play the video off seesaw.

Advertising is not ideal - especially if Iplayer might get moved there!!!

A centralised site for all UK content would be great though.

Broadband back on now though. I watched 8 out of 10 cats and Jimmy Carr said "48% of men would rather their wife went away for the week than loose their internet for a week" - My wife is going away this weekend and I wasn't sure what to do without both of them! Thank goodness the internet is working again!

Robbo100

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Any chance of seesaw integration any time soon? http://www.channel4.com/4od too please, it has more content then on http://www.seesaw.com/. Looks like all of http://demand.five.tv/ goes on seesaw though, and at better quality. :D

Actually, looking at it a lot of content is now being put from Five and Channel 4 on YouTube - Shows on the UK site. How can I add a link to this in the online videos section? It doesn't come up as a list item inside online videos from what I can see.

andemg

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    i have been waiting for this site's integration too,

even with advertising, I think its worth developing for this site as it covers multiple channels, as opposed to every site, which makes it duplicated effort... I know the ads are a bit of pain in the back... but dont you think, if we let the ads run we get the content without any complains from content providers...? if they can be blocked, i am all up for it though... :D :D

danpow09

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Hi,
    another vote to include seesaw/40d/itv etc :)

can anyone suggest an answer to wonkyd's idea about integrating YouTube - Shows
    or post a link to a tutorial for adding sites to this awesome plugin?

integrating these channels would be supercool!
    dp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom