Integration with DVHS Capture (DCTRecord) (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I would love for there to be a way to have the capture source be the firewire output of my Motorol 6200 STB (or any other standard TS over firewire source).

Like somehow integrate DCTRedcord. They already have written the code to store the stream to HD, Media Portal could server as the front end and scheduler. Would love to be able to record HDTV.

A

Anonymous

Ok. In the last month I have purchsed a PVR-150 and have been using MediaPortal so I understand the way it works a little better.

Basically what would need to be done to support HDTV in via FireWire (1394) would be this.

Capture device would need to be set to an external program. So I could assign in the channels that are in HD to an external program. MediaPortal would still be responsible for scheduling and tuning, but it would hand off the capture to an external program, unless it could be made to incorporate the recording, but I think that would be a lot more work.

Anyway, when the external program was detected as the capture device, instead of sending capture commands to record a stream to the HD, it would send the necessary tunning commands out the blaster of your choice, and then send the correct command line out to the DCTRecord program. so like there would be a call to DCTRECORD -f <path to file> -l <length in minutes to record>

You could still be recording the S-Video of the capture card so that you have live TV and timeshifting, but you would send this sister command out to this external program to record the TS from the firewire port. Then those TSes would be sitting in a folder somewhere ready for you to watch later. It doesn't take much CPU to record the TS or the MPEG2 from the capture card. Most systems could handle both at the same time. Obviously you don't need the S-Video SD recording, but if you include it, it is less to keep track of with the Live TV and Time Shifting.

This would be way cool and I think easy to implement. It would be if recording on channles in {HD List} launch an external program with a commandline based on the name of the program and how long to record.

A

Anonymous

Has anyoine been able to implement this? I just got myself an SA3250HD with Firewire enabled.. Then, I went through the driver install listed on the AVS forum to get this as a capture device in XP, did a quick capture off a digital cable channel and it worked. Going forward, some work has been done to have the firewire interface used in place of an IR blaster, making channel changes more reliable and faster than an IR blaster. I'm getting that data from The Green Button on an MCE front. Now, I'm looking for an interface into it...a seemless way to drive this. Media Portal seems like a great way to do it, but I have not read anything where it would be possible. Any ideas?

eobiont said:
Ok. In the last month I have purchsed a PVR-150 and have been using MediaPortal so I understand the way it works a little better.

Basically what would need to be done to support HDTV in via FireWire (1394) would be this.

Capture device would need to be set to an external program. So I could assign in the channels that are in HD to an external program. MediaPortal would still be responsible for scheduling and tuning, but it would hand off the capture to an external program, unless it could be made to incorporate the recording, but I think that would be a lot more work.

Anyway, when the external program was detected as the capture device, instead of sending capture commands to record a stream to the HD, it would send the necessary tunning commands out the blaster of your choice, and then send the correct command line out to the DCTRecord program. so like there would be a call to DCTRECORD -f <path to file> -l <length in minutes to record>

You could still be recording the S-Video of the capture card so that you have live TV and timeshifting, but you would send this sister command out to this external program to record the TS from the firewire port. Then those TSes would be sitting in a folder somewhere ready for you to watch later. It doesn't take much CPU to record the TS or the MPEG2 from the capture card. Most systems could handle both at the same time. Obviously you don't need the S-Video SD recording, but if you include it, it is less to keep track of with the Live TV and Time Shifting.

This would be way cool and I think easy to implement. It would be if recording on channles in {HD List} launch an external program with a commandline based on the name of the program and how long to record.

A

Anonymous

NOthing, huh? I've tried SageTV as this process works for it, but to be honest, it just does not do it for me. I'm working with someone over on The Green Button forums to get this working in MCE, but I'd much rather see this in MP. No one wants to tackle this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom