Intel dc3217iye as MePo Client (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mounted it on the back of your TV?

Nope, mine sits below the TV kind of cramped but the rear have open space to let heat out. Now it's gotten a bit warmer, been playing a little over 2 hrs 720p live tv and is now at 62c.

receiverbox

Portal Member
    March 17, 2013
    Regensburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The only downside to this is the USB is 2.0

Personally I wouldn't use it as a TV Server as there are only 3 USB slots and you need one for a USB IR device.

Well, I think as a pure server, any Core-i-CPUs is oversized. I am currently to some research on MediaPortal on a Atom D2800. I currently struggle some hardware issues, but software in general seems to work. If you speak some german, read more on my blog.[DOUBLEPOST=1363762683][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Argh I'm struggling to find a microsoft compatible receiver for some reason. Don't suppose you know of anywhere in the UK to order one which isn't going to need irss or anything..
    Have a look at Zotac's solution and just combine it with a wireless keyboard - that's how I did it. All Of-The-Shelf-Player with nice Remote Control so far turned out to be not a perfect solution, for some reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The throuble is here: The 'why' is a different question. Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can switch the log level in the Client settings (see 'General'). Please try a restart of the MP2 Server Service under Windows Services. The service will be stopped and restarted, may take some time. Then check if...
    The throuble is here: The 'why' is a different question. Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can...
    With which version of MediaPortal did you encounter the problem? MediaPortal Version: 2.2.3 Describe the Problem you encounter...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my AMD FX6300 based tv-server with my Dell Inspiron Micro to lower energy consumption, but I'm not sure that has enough horsepower. Can anybody do a prediction on whether this would work? I have 1 tv server that serves 2 clients and MPExtended. Currently the Dell handles it's task as a MePo 1 client...
    Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my AMD FX6300 based tv-server with my Dell Inspiron Micro to lower energy consumption, but I'm not...
    Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my AMD FX6300 based tv-server with my Dell Inspiron Micro to lower energy consumption, but I'm not...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem myself but ive read lots of people who have had framerate slow downs due to heat transfer issues on the gpu. The Beelinks are my choice at the moment due to the Gigabit ethernet and larger HDD, but im...
    Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem...
    There now seems to be a whole host of windows 10 based mini pc's to choose from and its time for me to buy another one for my sons...
    Replies
    Views
    Hallo ProjektC, könntest du noch Preise angeben? Grüße
    Hallo ProjektC, könntest du noch Preise angeben? Grüße
    Moin, wegen der Sky und v14 Problematik löse ich vorerst meine MePo Server / Client Auflösung auf, und biete die Hardware zuerst...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom