Internal volume mute? (1 Viewer)

zcubed

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
i was wondering if it was possible to perhaps make an internal 'mute' button for MP where when u click it it only mutes MP so that u can keep the tv running in the background without muting the whole computers sound. i havent been able to find this anywhere in MP. could someone please let me know if this ability already exists. its pretty important to me. also it would be able to keep the timeshift buffer while u mute the program for awhile and do other things which can be very helpful.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The simplistic method is to change the colume control within th MP config to 'wave' and not master volume.

Sp when you use mute or the volume control within MP only the wave ouptput is controled so any external progs that are not using wave are still controled by the master volume.

zyzyx

Portal Member
    July 31, 2006
    Bucharest
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    SciDoctor, almost all the programs (exceptions are those that are using the MIDI, CD, Line In, Mic etc) are using the wave control, so this won't work very well .

The best solution, as others suggested, is to make an internal MP filter (or something like that) that controls the volume independent of wave or master. Just as Winamp does for example.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Or upgrade to Windows Vista with its individual-app volume control :p

I believe there is such functionality in MP, but it isn't functional across all the various players used, and it leads to confusion as to why no sound comes out of MP even when the system was not muted because MP was muted - it is not a normal concept.

Sam

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having an internal volume control and mute would also help with those using spdif outputs, where spdif system voluime control is not normally possible.

stax

Portal Member
    October 29, 2004
    The majority of players support only app volume or use it as default if sys volume is supported too, I wish MediaPortal could do it too, it seems most of the users don't miss this, too bad. Fortunatelly a plugin could add it, actually it's already in the working. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom