Internet Browser (HTPC optimized) integration in MP (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Cool, got it working. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Bookmark Backup Extension

In the new version (0.3.1) of the bookmarks backup extension they save the bookmarks in a seperate folder for each day.

Does anyone have the old version (0.3) that they can give a link to?

FullMoon

Portal Member
October 10, 2004
Simple browser - customizing remotes

Ok, after reading this thread I gave Simplebrowser a try, you can google it and download it for free. Works like a charm, but to use my remote with it I did have to install myhtpc to get the config file and the program that edits it. (and config .ini which may or may not be necessary)

So, I saved the three files in the myhtpc direcotry and removed myhtpc, simplebrowser works perfect now. I went to my programs and set a directory link to where I keep my favorites, and set simplebrowser as the executing program and .url as file type. Now I click on of my favorites and the minibrowser pops up with that page. To customize the keyboard shortcuts so my remote works, I run the myHTPCConfigure.exe program in the myhtpc directory and under remote, press the key button and it lets me change any keyboard shortcuts. You can also do some fine tunign under settings in simplebrowser.

I've zipped these three configuration files, and uploaded the zip file on the snapstream message boards, don't know how to do that here so I'll just link that post. http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?p=133465#post133465 You can follwo the link to download the files and save yourself the trouble of installing myhtpc, or if someone wants upload them on this site and avoid the middleman, I'm short on time to figure out how to do it painlessly.
[/url]

FullMoon

Portal Member
October 10, 2004
Ok, after I setup Simplebrowser to open via my shortcuts in my programs as a directory browse, I realized that that program always opens to the home page. I cannot get it to open to the shortcut page I click.

So, first question (which I am also looking up at their forums) anyone know how to assign Simplebrowser to open to a specific url, in other words set up my programs to launch the application using the favorite html as the start directory, perhaps under arguments?

Now, assuming no answer here, how do I make a shortcut for simpleexplorer (or any other executable) either on the MP home view, the plugin page, or on the my programs main page rather than under a sub group. I have not quite figured that out. I basically now have it set as a file launcher with my home page as the file, but to open it, I have to go to my programs, then to Simplebrowser, then to Home, three steps I'd like to turn to one.

Las question, any of the other web browsers that allow full zoom adjustment (Internet explorer only increases fonts, Opera and I think Firefox both do this as well as Simplebrowser) give you access to an on screen keyboard and let you browse and select with the arrow keys so I don't need a mouse to navigate on web pages or a keyboard to enter text?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom