Introducing myReelTalk.com (Portal for MyNetflix 2.0 Plugin) (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Good Afternoon,
    As most of you know I have been working very hard on the new 2.0 replacement of the My Netflix plugin. I am happy to announce that the myReelTalk site has been made public and is ready for users. Thank you to ALL the testers for all your help!!!

This site will serve as a portal for the My Netflix plugin, so you (or your wife) can manage your Instant queue via MediaPortal (once the 2.0 plugin is complete) or myreeltalk.com.

I am still working on some help text to explain a few things on the site, but for the most part I hope it is intuative. I had some great testers that help work out most of the bugs :) If you have any issues or questions please post back and I will be happy to help.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Re: Introducing myReelTalk.com (Save your History/Ratings NOW!!)

There was an issue with the registration where it wasnt redirecting to the secure server (thank you Mr. Park for pointing that out), but the problem has been resolved and you should be able to register. Please let me know if anyone has any other issues.

Thank you!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

I have added the disc queue to the myReelTalk.com site. So now you can manage your disc queue and your instant queue in one place.

Sorcerer1089

Portal Member
    September 2, 2005
    Is there an expected delay before the disc queue will be populated? Mine is empty. I had similar behavior when history was added. It took a day or so before I saw my actual history. Should I expect a similar delay here?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Is there an expected delay before the disc queue will be populated? Mine is empty. I had similar behavior when history was added. It took a day or so before I saw my actual history. Should I expect a similar delay here?

Hey Sorcerer,
    Hmmm, it should populate the disc queue immediately. It's too late now, but logging off and logging back in should solve the issue.

Question... Do you have the 'Keep Me Logged In' checkbox checked?

Thanks!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

Thanks to lildaveycross, I was able to debug a few issues related to authorizing accounts. If you have had issues authorizing your account please try again and let me know if you have issues.

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Thanks for the update Wille! Was able to register and view my queue.

A couple questions...

1. How do you ensure the video comes up full screen when you begin playing?
    2. Will there be the ability in 2.0 to browse the instant selections instead of just your favorites or queues?

Thanks again!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hello All,
    I'm sorry to say, but myReelTalk and the My Netflix 2.0 plugin development have been halted. myReelTalk.com will be decommissioned shortly (within the week.) All of the develpment work for My Netflix 2.0 plugin was based on the myReelTalk site, so no code will be released. Sorry.

This decision was due to many things, work, many other projects, facebook and Netflix constantly changing their API's, and mostly because I no longer use MediaPortal. Way too much for one person to keep up (and have a family life.) It's because of these things I have stopped development.

I apologize to all the people that use and have supported the plugin. I hope someone will take over the 1.4 development and continue to serve you.

Take care,
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom