IPTV and some other questions (1 Viewer)

projektilski

December 12, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi All,

I live in Crotia and my provider is Amis. I have their IPTV using their STB and I'm trying to setup IPTV via MediaPortal. The channels are only SD.
My Windows 7 computer has 2 network cards. Onboard gigabit for local network and internet, and the other 100Mbit PCI for IPTV.
If I change network address (MAC) to the one of the STB, on the PCI card , I get proper IP Address, Gateway and DNS.
I used Wireshark to sniff channels while STB still connected. UDP, x.x.x.x, port 1234.

If leave both network cards enabled, I can't see any channel using VLC but if I disable gigabit connection VLC works fine. I even created m3u list with all channels.
Using 2 network cards together is one of my problems but we will get to this later :)

Now when I know IP addresses of my channels and have all the info, I installed MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2. I did use MediaPortal before for DVB-S and DVB-T so I do know how to set it up.

When I try to scan channels (I copied my m3u list to the proper folder) I seems that the scan for channels went fine however MediaPortal freezes when I try to tune those channels.

I have PowerCinema 6.0 installed (came with DVB-T) and Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and can use those codecs if needed.

questions:
1. Where do I setup IPTV and what codecs/filters to use to get normal picture?
2. What to do to have both IPTV and Internet running? I played with route command for weeks before giving up.

kangoo

Portal Member
March 6, 2009
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
short answer for only the second question because of not that much time:

check the config of both nics on console with ipconfig /all
do you get different standard gateways for both?
You can have only one.
If it is so, it will be very complicated.

projektilski

December 12, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia

You can have only one.

unfortunately, both cards get its own gateway. I tried using static ip address for both cards and not using gateway for the iptv card but it is not working.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
i also have the same problem,to solve it first i plug in the cable with internet,then i surf a little bit to get the ip and then i plug in the second cable with the tv,this work for but my second problem is that my second nic card is an usb to lan converter and my htpc wake up every some seconds after sleep becuase tv port send datas.this adapter dont have on properties to disable wake on lan just only to choose the type of the speed.

kangoo

Portal Member
March 6, 2009
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany

You can have only one.

unfortunately, both cards get its own gateway. I tried using static ip address for both cards and not using gateway for the iptv card but it is not working.

i dont think that you need the second gateway.
Try to configure the second (iptv) nic with the same adresse static without the standardgateway
and let the primary nic (internet) with complete configuration.

i also have the same problem,to solve it first i plug in the cable with internet,then i surf a little bit to get the ip and then i plug in the second cable with the tv,this work for but my second problem is that my second nic card is an usb to lan converter and my htpc wake up every some seconds after sleep becuase tv port send datas.this adapter dont have on properties to disable wake on lan just only to choose the type of the speed.

hi nikos
have you tried to connect just one of you nics to a switch and connect the two ports from your router
to that switch even?
wich provider do you have?
wich router do you use?

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
i dont have switch to try,this was my first thought but i dint find any cheap to buy so i bought this usb to lan adapter for 6 euro.i have alice hansenet the router is from the provider alice modem wlan 1121.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I was just wondering, what are the channel's IP's?

It could be that when you try to contact those IPs Windows route packets through wrong network card.. It should be solvable by using static routes..

projektilski, you said that you have already played with "route" command.. What exactly have you tried?

kangoo

Portal Member
    March 6, 2009
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom