h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I am trying to get my ISPs IPTV working through Media Portal. As far as I can ascertain the MPIPTVSource file (by Stepko) picks up the streaming but I cannot get any signal when scanning for channels or playback the file in Media Portal.

The file captured by GraphStudio plays back in VLC and PowerDVD8 which are installed on my HTPC.

I have installed CoreAVC, HD Pack, and DivX H264 decoder without any success at playing back the file created.

Any suggestions on getting a H264 transport stream to playback in Media Portal.... or even better, one that can be captured by the IPTV source filter during a channel scan?

Many thanks to those can assist.

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You have posted in a support area of the forum. Please read the rules before posting. There is basically nothing we can do to help you without logs...

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Posted Logs as required for assistance.

As per the first post, I am looking for a codec that supports the H264 data in the ISP IPTV stream.

I can attached a sample of the dump.ts if anyone can decipher the data and let me know what codec is required for MP to playback the file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the logs.

I see you have already started a thread about this issue over here. People are trying to help you there so best to be patient rather than starting a new thread. I will read your other thread and see if I can offer any advice...

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000

I started a thread on the TV server not picking up the IPTV and thanks to the help of Stepko and his modified MPIPTVSource filter it appears that I do recieve the stream.

Having the file not play back in Media Portal, I have discovered it is streamed as a H264 file and begun searching the forum for data on how to play this back. I have tried many of the codecs suggested but none of them are working. The file does playback if I change the extension to .mp4

So, leaving the original thread open, I come to Codecs hoping this would be an easy fix that I missed. The right codec to play the file back. Then I could return to the original question of how to scan for the channels.

But I continue to search for answers as to why the IPSource Filter doesn't tune the IPTV channels during a scan. Perhaps the two are related ?!?

Thanks for having a look at this, the more experts the better !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom