Iptv : why dvblink? (1 Viewer)

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After doing some research I think it is time to give MP a try. Currentl using WMC on winx64 with dvblink for my IPTV. This is working quite well with 4 tuners and all channels are FTA

I'm going to setup this system in paralel to my existing setup on seperate HW and will possibly switch when all is working fine.

My Q's:
I don't really understand why people would use dvblink for their IPTV and not just the native MP Iptv support? What am I missing here?

Does the native iptv support, support multiple (min 4) tuners?

Does the native iptv have support for epg data?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome TyfoonGT :)

I don't really understand why people would use dvblink for their IPTV and not just the native MP Iptv support? What am I missing here?
    I'm not particularly familiar with DVBLink, so I can only speak for MP.
    Up until the last year or so TV Server's built in IPTV (DVB-IP) support has been limited to only supporting specific protocols. georgius, dimka, Stepko and others have worked very hard to improve this. Their work hasn't yet been included in an official release, but it is very easy to try it. Have a look here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/

Does the native iptv support, support multiple (min 4) tuners?
    Yes, absolutely. :)
    You can set the number of tuners. You're only limited by your connection speed. :D

Does the native iptv have support for epg data?
    It depends on the EPG format. EIT (most common standard for DVB-* streams) and MHW are supported using the built-in DVB EPG grabber. There are also alternative ways to get EPG data from the internet or import XMLTV data.

Welcome again,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom