IR File Tool Learn IR greyed out (1 Viewer)

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
Recently upgraded my HTPC to Windows 10 and haven't used the TV server for a while and recently I see the MCE IR Blaster I have isn't changing channels. Tried to reprogram the codes with IR File Tool and Learn IR is greyed. It is connected to server. Under MediaPortal when I try to test the IR commands that I had already set, the blaster port is set to none. I believe there should be two blaster ports for my MCE IR Blaster.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm unable to help you directly with this problem unless you can attach IRSS and TV Server log files and screenshots.

Instead, I can only ask:
    • Have you checked that the blaster is recognised in Windows device manager?
    • Have you checked that IRSS is running?
    • Have you checked that IRSS is configured correctly (ie. with the MCE "transmit" option enabled)?
    • Have you checked the IRSS log files to confirm that your blaster is loaded successfully?

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2009
    Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled both mediaportal and IRSS and now the IR File Tool seems to be working. By fine in that it doesn't seem to be catching the signal correctly from the remote. Only 0 was caught correctly on the remote. Also now the MCE remote doesn't work to start MediaPortal with the green Start button on it. So I sorta solved one problem and created another one.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Again, as much as I would like to help, I'm simply unable until you attach IRSS and TV Server log files and screenshots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom