ir suite with usb uirt works on 2 out of 3 tuners **FIXED** (1 Viewer)

jzhtpc

Portal Member
August 7, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
as you can see a long time ago i tried mediaportal but just couldn't get it working right, well i've finally tried it again and im 95% of the way and its still been a huge struggle but i finally hit awall i cant seem to figure out. ir suite and usb uirt works fine for 2 out of 3 tuners if it matters my 2 pci e cards work but not my pci card. all three control individual cicsco dta50 boxes. and i can comfirm when testing the channel changing feature in ir suite works fine on all three cards but when i test the actual channel the command is not sent and not even the red led on the uirt flashes mediaportal just seems to ignores ir suite and the uirt but only on this one tuner

now i have patched my win7 64 bit in regedit so that i can tune all the channels to 61.25 mhz that is need for my setup to work and everything seems fine on the other cards. i just dont know why mediaportal doesn't even attempt to use the ir on this card. im still new to this and will have to dig up the logs if someone can point me in the right direction, ive unistalled irsuite and reinstalled but no such luck. i know its capable of working right so its not my ir adapters and ive swapped ports and locations of the blasters. please help as after many years im soooooo close

so to be clear the tuner works but it always stays on the last channel i was on i may see about uploading a video if i wasn't clear enough in my description thanks in advance

Last edited:

jzhtpc

Portal Member
August 7, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
okay i found the solution after looking at this topic
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hvr-2250-usb-uirt-not-blasting-stb-sd.110459/

even though i was entering data for tuner 3 the info was actually being written to tuner 8 and because tuner 8 is disabled thats why mediaportal was not sending the ir command. so the solution is to go into c:\programdata\irserversuiite\tv3blasterplugin and search for the xml that was actually written then copy and paste that info into the proper tuner card.

hope that helps anyone else with a similar problem and with that after 2 years ive finally gotten mediaportal up and running
:ROFLMAO: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom