IRSS shows button presses, nothing happening out-of-the-box in MP2 (1 Viewer)

bill-s

January 6, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The MediaPortal2 setup guide indicates IR Remotes require IRSS. It links to this page, which indicates IRSS is compatible with MP1-1.2 and MP1-1.3. This is my first point of confusion. Where is the IRSS for MP2?

Also, I did install the IRSS under the download tab on that page (Test Build 1.5.0.62.exe). I launched the debug window for IRSS and the "Connect" button says successful. When I press keys on my remote or on the virtual remote, I see debug messages for each keypress.

However, nothing is happening in MediaPortal2. How do I wire the IRSS to MP2? Everything I can find says it just works out-of-the-box, but it is not. If someone can point me to a thread or document, that would be really helpful. I've run out of ideas on what I should search for. I thought maybe I have to train IRSS what every button on my remote means, but I would expect there to be some defaults (at least for the virtual remote).

Thank you!
Bill

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, nothing is happening in MediaPortal2. How do I wire the IRSS to MP2? Everything I can find says it just works out-of-the-box, but it is not. If someone can point me to a thread or document, that would be really helpful. I've run out of ideas on what I should search for. I thought maybe I have to train IRSS what every button on my remote means, but I would expect there to be some defaults (at least for the virtual remote).
    I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the box with MP2.
    Maybe other users may confirm, what they did or you tell us which remote you have.
    There is also an input device manager within MP2 which you can try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom