Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
guytpetj: My configuration settings are:
type: IRTrans LCD/VFD Driver v1.0
port: localhost
columns: 16, row: 2
comm delay: 1

I do get an error in the mediaportal.log once/second, but I haven't noticed any problems w/ the display - it works in all of MPs menus. Good luck and let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This plugin is the best. Not only does it allow me to use my IrTrans, but it also works when MP is out of focus. :D

Having an IR working with MP out of focus was one of the hot items on my MP wish list.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    IRtrans support is now part of Core MP. Look in Configuration in the remote section.

The Plugin is no longer needed and therefore removed from the download section.

grid8400

Portal Member
    June 16, 2006
    hmmm
    installed the latest version of MP, but there is NO IRtrans in tab under remote's.

Anybody know where it went? or where to download the plugin??? (its not in the download section anymore neither.)

I use the Zalman HD 160 with the Microsoft MCE keyboard.

And just cannot get it to work.

HELP!! :D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you need to download a nightly svn snapshot.
    you find the link on the MP Home page, at the top right.

it will be included in the official 0.2 build. the RC4 doesn't contain it.

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm not really sure if it's only an end-user mockup, or an actual bug but I can't seem to get skip, replay, fast forward and rewind to work. I'm mostly trying to get it work when listening to music, but without success. Also tried it when viewing photos but doesn't seem to work there either. Everything else seems to work just fine (at least all the buttons that I normally use).

Scoobsheister

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2006
    Going on the basis you have the same case as i do i assume you have the same remote. It's probably easier to just give you the files rather than go into the complicated business of explaining it (had a lot of trouble with this myself)

put this remote file in the remote folder of your IRTrans directory

http://rapidshare.de/files/24960588/origenae.rem.html

put this file in the custom folder of the input mappings folder in the medial portal directory

http://rapidshare.de/files/24960729/IrTrans_origenae.xml.html

Go to media portal setup -> remote -> irtrans. In the text box asking you for a name enter in origenae, click on button mappings and all should be there, if you want to change a function just go into mappings and choose a different option from the checkboxes and drop-downs.

Hope this helps.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Peep,

if the tip from Scoobsheister doesn't work, please turn on logging for the IRTrans in configuration.
    Then paste mediaportal.log here and let me know the link.

regards,

Helmut

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Scoobsheister: I have a hard time in believing that we do actually. You see I use a Kameleon All-4-One and have mapped a sat-reciever remote (can't remember what manufacturer) and mapped some of the buttons to another function to be able to use all the buttons that I need for MP (sort of bringing buttons that usually aren't enabled to life).

The thing is, when I detect the buttons pressed with the IRTrans server it does say skip, forward, replay etc. but MP doesn't seem to get the command. I'm using the default mappings in the plugin and I just find this odd since everything else works. I guess this is somehow my bad. Have to keep on digging for the mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom