Is an audio only installation possible? (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    xbmc needs minimum opengl 1.4, but recommends 2.0.

(It has similar hardware rendering requirements to MP)

That Matrox card only does OpenGL, 1.2 I think

david81

Portal Member
    April 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I apologize for that. I didn't realize that the Matrox cards had such poor OpenGL support. I should have known, being a user of the G550 and P650 myself.

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Try Geexbox

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm currently using Winamp but keep having problems with it crashing or affecting the windows of other software I have running. I've tried MediaMonkey, which is pretty good, but I don't like the interface as much as that of Winamp's new Bento skin. Someone suggested that MediaPortal might suit my requirements, so I thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately, I can't even try its UI!

I'll give Geexbox a look.

Regards,
    Mr. P.

Hi Have you tried GeexBox, it is a little linux distribution, that include both the player and the operating system so you can have it on a tiny USB stix. You don't have to install anything if you just want to try it. Just boot from your USB-stix and you are up and running in no time. It can even se your shared mediafiles and play them.

Mr. Pastry

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    xbmc needs minimum opengl 1.4

Thanks for that. I had downloaded the software but hadn't got round to installing it. You saved me the bother!

That Matrox card only does OpenGL, 1.2 I think

Not even that. Just 1.1. The card's excellent for text and photo display, which is what it was bought for, but that's about it.

Regards,
    Mr. P.

Hi Have you tried GeexBox, it is a little linux distribution...

I had a look at it but I want something to replace Winamp on several machines on the network and it needs to run under Windoze. If I had a machine I could use purely as a media server then something like GeexBox would certainly be a strong contender.

So far I haven't come across anything that comes close to being as good at doing what I want as Winamp. If it would only behave itself on my machine it would be perfect.

Regards,
    Mr. P.

I can't seem to stop the system merging these two posts, which are replies to different people/messages. Very strange behaviour! Sorry etheesdad and sbp. You deserve individual responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom