Is Avermedia AverTV Hybrid+FM Volar (A828) on Windows 7 compatible with MP?? (1 Viewer)

maou

Portal Member
August 18, 2011
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hi again,
I removed the old log files and run the TV-server Configuration again and from what I understand it can not find an audio converter.
I will download the WinDVR as you proposed and try to see what happens with it.
I include the log files.
Napoleon

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Audio converter == audio encoder.
    I am a bit surprised that the Mainconcept trial version doesn't install an audio encoder - can you double check that for me?

mm

maou

Portal Member
    August 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello,
    Both the Digital and analogue parts of the TVTuner work fine now. I will start using 1.2 as soon as it comes out.
    I am mostly interested in the DVB-T part since, analog transmissions will stop in Greece, soon I hope, and all the important TV stations are currently transmitting using DVB-T.

I also scanned for radio stations but nothing was found. And the TV-Server configuration program does not show a separate Radio receiver device but it includes the option to scan for radio stations in the Analog TV tuner. Does this mean that the same chip is used for both Analog TV and radio reception;

Napoleon

Under Audio Compressons I find the InterVideo Audio encoder but nothing with MainConcept in the name.
    Under DirectShow filters their is only the MainConcet (MCE demo) mpeg encoder. Unless they use a different naming scheme for the audio encoder.
    Napoleon

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Both the Digital and analogue parts of the TVTuner work fine now.
    Great! :)

I am mostly interested in the DVB-T part since, analog transmissions will stop in Greece, soon I hope, and all the important TV stations are currently transmitting using DVB-T.
    That is common around the world, including here in NZ - our analog TV finally gets shut of in 2 years or so.

I also scanned for radio stations but nothing was found. And the TV-Server configuration program does not show a separate Radio receiver device but it includes the option to scan for radio stations in the Analog TV tuner. Does this mean that the same chip is used for both Analog TV and radio reception;
    Yes, the same tuner is used for both analog TV and FM reception. Not all analog tuners support analog radio, but according to your earlier logs your tuner does support FM radio. If you scanned and nothing was found then you could try the patch from -->here<-- (included in 1.2.0b).

Under Audio Compressons I find the InterVideo Audio encoder but nothing with MainConcept in the name.
    Under DirectShow filters their is only the MainConcet (MCE demo) mpeg encoder. Unless they use a different naming scheme for the audio encoder.
    Okay, thanks for doing that for me. I guess maybe the "MainConcept (MCE demo) mpeg encoder" supports both video and audio...

All the best,
    mm
    :)

maou

Portal Member
    August 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello,
    I would like to thank you very much for your help. I do not think I would have found a way to setup the system without your help and assistance.
    Everything was working fine until this morning when my hard drive crashed. I will get a new one tomorrow and setup windows again. At least now I know what to do to setup MP correctly.

Thanks again and best regards,
    Napoleon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom