Is there a list of 100% compatible remotes? (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to choose a remote to control MediaPortal but have no idea where to start. All I know is that I want a traditional remote type (not a keyboard-type one) and I'd like to be able to use it for everything (including sleep/wake) without a lot of complicated set-up (key mapping etc.). Some mouse functionality might be useful too.

Is there a list somewhere of all the remotes that can do this with MediaPortal? I'm looking for something cheap & cheerful, maybe £30 or so? I have no idea if that's possible though.

Thanks.

AEOne

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Is there a list of 100% compatible remotes?

If you take a remote control set that is compatible to the old original Microsoft MCE remote, all your wish will be met.
A compatible set consists of a RC6 ir-receiver and a fitting RC6 remote control. If you are interested in, please write me a PM, I guess I could help...

Kind regards, AEOne

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The one thing I liked straight away about the anyware remote was the first guys comment "which if your PC supports it can be brought out of S3 state standby"

This is one of the biggest complaints we hear about on these copy MCE remotes, they do not support resume, so I suspect they have made a full RC6 remote clone.

We really need some feedback from someone who has one.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Praz

Thanks for the answer, can you tell me, is this remote recognizrd as ehome receiver as in below photo, it must be found under the usb controllers.

sshot-4.jpg

Praz

Portal Member
    October 18, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Praz

Thanks for the answer, can you tell me, is this remote recognizrd as ehome receiver as in below photo, it must be found under the usb controllers.
    Yes it does. The pic is attached. The only buttons that don't natively work in MP are the 4 colored ones. I mapped 2 of those to switch the audio between HDMI and S/PDIF. There is also a button below the colored ones that I have no idea as to its intended purpose.

It appears the Anyware GP-IR02BK media center uses this same remote. So anybody using a Harmony remote can select this as a device and all buttons will be properly configured for the Harmony. I stumbled on this in the Logitech database by accident when setting up my Harmonyy.

Attachments

• remote.jpg
      remote.jpg
      119.7 KB

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

I bought the cheaper remote above for its mouse pad. The mouse pad and basic buttons work, including entering/resuming S3 sleep! However, some other buttons don't work. If I tick "Use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard" then Play works but Back doesn't. If I also tick "Use Centarea Master Remote II / Sunwave SMR-140", or tick this by itself, then Back works but Play doesn't. The "green button" also doesn't work. With MCE services enabled, it starts MCE. With them disabled and MPTray running, it does nothing.

What can I do about this? It is apparently a "Hama" remote but the only thread about that brand of remote on this forum is in German so I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for any help guys!

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also chosen Sceneo as my remote. Most buttons now work in MediaPortal but it's another compromise. I still have the following issues:

- Green button doesn't launch MediaPortal (even with MPTray running). It looks like it's just passing "Alt" instead of "Alt+Windows+Enter".
    - Info button doesn't work. If I tell MediaPortal to use right-click as Info, it kind of works but not really. Pressing Info will go to the Music Now Playing screen if pressed from the menu. If you press it twice when a video is playing, it also goes to the Music Now Playing screen. Ideally it would go back to the video if pressed outside of the video. I think the remote always sends a right-click when you press the Info button so I might have to map Info to the * button or something.
    - Play button doesn't work. It is basically acting like the Pause button - it'll play/pause a running file but will not start playing a file from the menu!
    - Skip Chapter buttons don't work.

I've tried LM Remote KeyMap, which actually has my remote in its remote list, but it still doesn't work for some of the buttons. In particular, I can't seem to map the Green button or Info button - if I set them to CTRL+H and CTRL+I, respectively, then set the same in MediaPortal, they don't do anything. If I press "CTRL+H" on my keyboard then I do get the Home screen, so I know the MP shortcuts are fine.

I also tried using EventGhost but then I lose mouse functionality. I honestly have no idea what else to try! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom