Is there a way to have an Explorer-type folder tree in the video shares view? (1 Viewer)

blue sky

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I use the video share view exclusively for browsing and playing my video collection. I have my collection categorized into folders and subfolders, and must select and go into each one in turn to view the contents, then go back up one or more levels to the parent folders, move down the list to the next one, and so on.
It seems to me there should be a more efficient way to browse shares, like Windows Explorer. I use the aMPed skin, and the list of shares shows up on the left hand side of the screen, with a lot of empty space in the middle. It seems like the rest of the screen could be used much more efficiently. As you highlight each folder, it would be nice to have a flyout menu, which would reveal the files contained in that folder and any subfolders, which in turn could expand to the right, in a manner similar to Explorer. Anyone using the video shares view could tell at a glance what the contents of each folder are.
Is there already a way to do this in Media Portal? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom