Is there an Advanced/Alternative Video Database Editor (1 Viewer)

Gangsta

Portal Member
February 15, 2009
Home Country
Wales Wales
Hi

This is my first post - so hi :)

I am adding my collection of DVD into MP, manually because I dont like the way IMDB does things, and I prefer to choose the exact dvd covers - basically I am a little picky.

I love MP, and it installed and runs excellent on my 4 year old PC (found it under a desk in my basement) with 512mb Ram, and 14Tb of Hard Disc Space for my movies.

Anyway, can someone tell me if there is an advanced editor/or alternative editor to the built in MyVideos database editor?

I dont like the layout of the editor as it doesnt lend itself to entering large amounts of DVD info manually, and has a few bugs (design features??) such as:

Having a dropdown list to choose a dvd to edit :- with over 900 dvds, having to scroll through a list that only shows 10 dvds at a time - it needs to be bigger - eg if you have a big monitor, the list should show as many as possible at one time.

Not having to click 'Save' after each one :- I sometimes forget and MP config doesnt even pop up a helpful 'Do you wish to save' before it forgets everything you just done.

The summary editor :- doesnt accept Enter, without closing MP config, you need to do CTRL+Enter, again I sometimes forgt, especially when doing lots of dvds at once.

The Actors tab :- i cant figure out how to manually file an actor 'AS' someone in a movie. IMDB download manages it - I cant. The actors list is not sorted - which means I end up with loads of duplicates, because I cant find the name the first time i entered it without looking through 1000+ actors. Cant choose my own photos for the actors.

Is it possible to change the MPAA text in both MP and MP Config to read 'BBFC' as im in the UK and I like my movies rated by the rating on the box??

What is the 'Disc #' field for?? I tried to put in the number - between 1 and 10000, indicating the location of the actual DVD in my Storage Box, but it doesnt allow a number higher than 999 ?!?! is this for discs that are part of a set? eg. Goodfellas Disc 1 and Goodfellas Disc 2??

Are the following fields used anywhere within MP as i cant see them, and its pointless me typing it if I cant read it from in MP?

Plot
Tagline
Writers

If there is something that will work, can someone point me in the right direction, otherwise can someone point me in the direction of the details for the Database, for example the schema, where the various fields are used ect.

If I can get the details for that I will write an editor for it specifically taylored for manually entering a large collection of dvds, and post it up (just incase someone else is in the same situation)

:D

Gangsta

Portal Member
February 15, 2009
Home Country
Wales Wales
Thanks, Moving Pictures looks really good - but I do (at this stage) just want to use the built in 'my videos'

Unless you could tell me something in less than 10 words, that would make me change my mind :)

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hehe :) I don't want to change your mind, but I think this screenshot speaks volumes:

movingpics_list.jpg

The plug-in has sooo many features which you can look up on the pages above and it has also a very great configurator to manage your movies. But in my opinion, you should cotton up to imdb.com ;) because moving-pictures has a fantastic importer which correctly match my whole movie collection.

RoXoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom