Is there an easy to make playlists and import to MP? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

So the wiki for MP says "You can load existing, or externally created playlists in several formats–.m3u, .pls and .b4s."

I want to use a tool to create a playlist and import to MP but I have some questions.

1) What program should I reach for?
    2) MY HTPC running MP isn't suitable for installing software for playlist creation and my music is stored on a server that is not my HTPC computer, so if I create a playlist using another program on a desktop computer and load it into MP, won't the playlist point to music in the wrong place?

Thanks
    -S

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You could use MPTagThat.
    Simply browse to a folder mark all the files, which should become part of the playlist and select "Save as Playlist" from the right-click menu.

The problem is in your Question 2.
    It depends on how you want to use the playlist.
    If you stiore it in the same folder as the file (i.e. a Playlist for an Album), then MP can work with it.
    If you store it in the Playlist folder, then it will fail, as it does not contain the path.

It would help, if i change MPTagThat, so that the path is stored in the playlist.
    Then you have on your secondary PC, where you create the playlist:

M:\Music\Some Artist\Some Album\01 - Title.mp3

I made the asumption that M: is a letter mapped to your server / nas.

Now if your HTPC has a different mapping or uses UNC notation you would be able to open the generated playlist in any editor and replace "M:" with for example "\\server" and the above would read:

\\server\Music\Some Artist\Some Album\01 - Title.mp3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom