is there an option for searching music files? (1 Viewer)

madx1701

September 14, 2009
Hello all,

i have enabled the mediaportal database for "my music". After all files were added to the database, i expected that there is a search option wich finds audio files within the database. But i did not find any possibility to search audio tracks with mediaportal. Is that not possible at all or did i just not find it in the GUI?

If there is no track search function in MP, it would be a good idea to add that function.

please update me.

thanks in advance!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello all,

i have enabled the mediaportal database for "my music". After all files were added to the database, i expected that there is a search option wich finds audio files within the database. But i did not find any possibility to search audio tracks with mediaportal. Is that not possible at all or did i just not find it in the GUI?

If there is no track search function in MP, it would be a good idea to add that function.

please update me.

thanks in advance!

Downalod and install Global Music Search.
    The search button within Music will then use this plugin and allow you to search for artist, albums, songs, etc.

madx1701

September 14, 2009
    hello hwahrmann

thanks for the link. i installed the Global Music Search extension. but i cannot see any search button within "my music". i would expect such a button on the left side of screen in "my music" but i only see the normal buttons. i use the german version of mediaportal with the blue3 widescreen skin. might there be a problem with the language or the skin?

regards
    markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom