Is there any way i can scan more than 4 satellites using MediaPortal using my diseqc motor? (1 Viewer)

esrgood4u

August 17, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there! I have been a member of the forum since 2010 but never posted anything as to be honest i could never get MediaPortal to work correctly with the dvb-s card i had!
I have now bought a new Tevii s464 v2.0 dvb-s2 card and gave MediaPortal another go and i can now scan channels without problems and also set up the diseqc motor i have to scan in 4 satellites!
My question is are we limited to only the four satellites or are we able to add more?
I'm assuming that we cant as the MediaPortal instruction pages states only 4 satellites!
Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated as over the past few days Ive had it installed Ive grown very fond of your excellent program!
Thanks!

esrgood4u

August 17, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I figured it out for myself!
MediaPortal does not support Usuals so what i did was use progdvb that i had installed anyway! Set my latitude etc and set the satellites i can receive!
Moved to 28.2e in progdvb, locked on a channel! Closed prgdvb then opened tvserver configuration and set 28.2e to position 1 and scanned in channels!
Then closed tvserver configuration and moved back to progdvb! Moved using usuals to 23.3e, Closed progdvb and opened tv server once again and set 23.3e to position 2 scanned in channels!
Do this for each satellite you want to receive!!
All satellites are set to LNB 1 ( I thought each satellite had to have its own lnb number :confused: )
Its a bit drawn out i know but it has worked for me!
Hope this will help others!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom