Is there such a thing? (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Is there a plugin for TV Server that allows you to control every single setting via a web server? Quite often I want to look up or change a setting on my server without actually having to go onto the server and it would be great to be able to do this via a webpage.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi allanp81

Nothing available to control every single TVServer setting via a web server.
    Only way (although not web) is to take remote control (example RDC) of server.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Awesome, the challenge is set then! I'm going to try and make a plugin that will let you edit all values and restart the service etc. Wish me luck!

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, BIG LUCK.
    I like the ideae very much to control the server side in front end.
    I hope you will succeed in making this possible.

Please keep us posted on the progress you make.

Once again Good Luck and i'm looking forward to the first useable plugins.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    My main reasons are that at the moment my server is running as a client as well and I find it a pain to have to RDP in and close the client etc. to be able to make a change so I thought it would be nice to be able to make changes to the server without having to close other things etc.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    no to discourage you from trying your work, but one I am using remote connection to server without having to close the client. Just google "multiple concurrent remote desktop connection" and you will get some methods that work. I know some people do not like hacking windows like that, but if you need it, it works.

That's just for info, please continue with your suggestion :)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It would be good if this could be made available to the different projects in "WebService and Mobile Access". So you could potentially have a web or app interface for remote control, TV and media streaming as well as settings. All in one place. Would be pretty fantastic if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom