CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I have put a fix into my local code to correct the following problem:

If you play a shoutcast (maybe all?) radio stream, then press the TV Guide button, the TV turns on (TV Guide must do this) but the radio audio does not turn off. So you hear both audios.

I bascially just put a additional call into the remote handling code so that when the TV Guide button is pressed, a ACTION_STOP is sent to stop the radio audio prior to the ActivateWindow call to invoke the guide. This works great. However now most of the time that I press the TV Guide button, the TV does not turn on automatically. I'm sure due to the ACTION_STOP being sent and the asynchronous nature of these messages, This leads me to two questions:

1) Why is the TV turned on automatically when you open the guide?

2) Will there be any problems if the TV does not turn on when the guide is opened?

When you select a channel from the guide, the TV is turned on then if it isn't on already. So far I haven't seen any bad behavior because of this change. But I don't use timeshifting, so I figured I'd ask before I ship it off to frodo :).

Of course, if there is a better way to fix this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g. in travel or nature documentaries) Horizontal "ticker tape" news feeds (e.g. "Sky News" channel) Vertically scrolling programme credits (e.g. "Mock the Week") I originally had my Nvidia screen-config set...
Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g...
Tinkering with using MadVR. I'm still running a 1080p TV, but have plenty of old DVD rips that I haven't updated yet, and my next...
Replies
Views
Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up in the Home screen. Would be nice if it could start on TV (if that's where MP was when put to sleep), just like my older Panasonic PVR. But this workaround is reasonable. I will add that sometimes, even...
Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up...
Hello, I have MP 1.22 freshly installed on a Windows 10 x64, Ver 1903. This was an upgrade from WIndows 10 x32. When I setup the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV nach Standby DE
Indeed it does... Even the one I had for so long... I guess I should have asked earlier ;) Thanks :)
Indeed it does... Even the one I had for so long... I guess I should have asked earlier ;) Thanks :)
MediaPortal Version: 1.21 Description Ich schreibe dieses Thema, weil ich denke das es ein Fehler in der Version 1.21 ist. Ich...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes I tried this but it didn't make any difference. I have since just left my mediaportal pc on all the time. It doesn't use much power. Thanks for your advice :)
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes I tried this but it didn't make any difference. I have since just left my mediaportal pc on all...
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2 Description Hi, Even with MP set to run at full screen and also the shortcut set to run maximised when...
Replies
Views
Right - I've found the option to display the next episodes in the series BUT If there are <3 episodes left then you just get black squares as placeholders for the other episodes. Think I'll pass the parameters by changing the 'Unwatched' tile. So is there such a parameter or how can I do it??
Right - I've found the option to display the next episodes in the series BUT If there are <3 episodes left then you just get black...
I'd like to pass a parameter through the skin to play the next un-watched episode for the series I've just watched. Lets call it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom