Issue with MP3 tags in car audio system (1 Viewer)

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello there and merry Christmas to all of you.

I am using MPTagThat to tag and organize my music collection. This is all working great in MediaPortal.
    However, I have a strange problem with my mp3 tags when I burn mp3 collections on a cd for use in my car.
    I have a Mazda with a Bose audiosystem. This system is supposed to read the mp3 tags of my audio files and show the information (artist, album, title etc.) on the display.
    This works for some albums/songs but most of them just show 'no title' - but the audio plays with no problem.

The songs play fine, and the tags are fine when viewed in MediaPortal. I just can't figure out why some of them are working in the car and others are not.

Are there any tools out there that can analyze mp3 tags and perhaps compare 2 mp3 files? I would expect the problem is with the different versions of mp3 tags, so it would be nice if I could analyze and compare a working and a non-working file.

I am absolutely sure this is not a problem with MPTagThat! I am just asking here because somebody else might have experienced a similar problem.

Thank you in advance for any hints that may point me in the right direction :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I would asume that this system maybe only reads ID3 V1 Tags and some of them have only ID3 V2 tags included.
    Please post one of those files, showing not title, to a Free File hoster and PM me the link.
    i will have a look on it.

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you hwahrmann for your quick response.
    I will upload a file tonight when I get home and then send you a PM.

Cheers
    /Simon

EDIT: PM sent with file link

Stweard

January 11, 2015
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    this is an old post but a well known problem. If you experience problems with your sound system: it does not play all MP3 but skips some of them, have a look at the BluMeUSB utility.
    - it de-clutters your USB flash drive and removes things like album covers and song lyrics
    - it puts all the song info in ID3 V1 tags
    - it sets the overall sound level so that you do not experience any sudden loud surprises while driving.

Free download at http://www.fiat500soft.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom