Issue with USB-UIRT (1 Viewer)

SVoyager

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    27
    4
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello, I am a bit new with MP and had an issue with the usbuirt in MP.

    The problem is that, for some reason, MP is just not transmitting channel changes for live tv thru usbuirt. I have mapped all the channel numbers and even tested it in the MP configuration and when I test, it works fine, channels change fine but within MP, it doesn't get triggered. I can even control MP with the uirt so the receiving part is working fine. It's just not sending anything within MP.

    My workaround so far is to use IRSS and I got it to work, but I was wondering if I could just stick with MP's implementation of the uirt. Everything is fine with it, just transmitting doesn't get triggered for some reason.

    Running Win7 64bit, MP 1.3.0 RC, client and tv server in a single box. Latest usbuirt driver from their website besides a newer dll found on the forums saying it would fix issues with irss and lrnhelper conflicting eachother, crashing lrnhelper (which didn't fix btw).
    The modified dll is: uuirtdrv.dll (version 2.6.9.9 21/09/2011)
    MP configurator says:
    driver version: firmware version: 5.9 (march, 26, 2004)
    api version: 2.5.6
    dll version: 2.7.0.0 (strange that it says 2.7.0.0 in MP configuration tho, unless its a different dll? After searching, the one I replaced was in system32 and I found another one in sysWOW64. Not sure the modified dll I downloaded is a 64bit version and I suppose syswow64 is the 64bit folder for drivers? In any case, I don't think downgrading would be a good idea?)
    plugin version: 1.17 (june 06, 2009)

    Any tips?
    Thanks!

    uirtconfig.jpg
     
    Last edited:

    vuego

    Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    1,637
    764
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is you channel numbers correct? Did you check the log files for clues?
     

    SVoyager

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    27
    4
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks vuego for checking. Sorry I did not initially provide logs as I was a bit noob at reporting and now that I had my setup running with IRSS, I wanted to enjoy the system for a while and regain some WAF points heh.

    I reran the tests today using the debug mode and these are the logs it got. (attached to this post).

    First, I am not quite certain as to who is handling the usb-uirt transmit commands. I would be expecting this to be on the TV Server side of MP but the settings are via the main MP Configurations. I checked both MP and TV Server logs and couldn't really find any issues besides the uirt not being listed in any logs as far as I could see. Maybe I am missing something in the TV Server side of it? Do I need a specific plugin for it???

    As far as testing goes, as said above I am able to switch the channels fine if I use the "test settop box control" field in the screenshot provided above and changing channels via my IRSS workaround works and the channels change propedly that way. IRSS/TV3 Blaster plugin sends commands to a batch file that sends a command to eventghost which transmit the signal to my settop box. Quite a few steps, dropping all that for MP native implementation would be so much more efficient!

    Thanks again for stopping in this thread! (and sorry for the logless report)[DOUBLEPOST=1362363235][/DOUBLEPOST]Re-Upload of the log files. I deleted all the previous logs, restarted the TV Service and ran debug, these might be much easier to diagnose with.
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom