Issue with Video color (1 Viewer)

c_urbanek

October 17, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a DVG-T and an Analog card that I have been using with BeyondTV... they have been flawless...
I am trying to get Media Portal working, go the Zap2it EPG working & started 'watching tv' but the colors in the video were 'off' red is purple, yellow is blue, etc...
I tried a DVD & the video display had the same result.
I tried several different video codecs with the same results....
I deactivated FFDshow post processing to no avail..........
what do I have set incorrectly?

Running a Pent D, 512 MB mem, Theatertek 550, Catseye 151 DVB-T, Nvidia 7300GT.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

could be a problem with the color space settings in the video codec. Which one are you using for TV? Please fill out the support template....

Flip.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This is an issue with YV12 planar colour space and some video cards hardware and drivers.

Overlay may not be affected but VRM9 is.

Some codecs are forcing YV12 output when the gpu is not capable in VRM9 giving odd colour as described. The codec may not be reading the driver output flags or he drive output flags ae incorrect.

To resolve turn off YV12 in your codecs.

The DSCALER and MPV internal codecs are easy to access in the settings of MP.

FFDshow can be done from the settings 'OUTPUT'.

Unfortunately I have found no way off turning off YV12 in the WMV codec so the Music Videos if VRM9 affected need to be set to overlay

Cheeky

August 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've been having a similar but subtly different problem to this. Video colours aren't right, but in my case it is like the picture is in black and white but the colours are green for black, magenta for white and shades inbetween between the two (if you get what I mean!).

I've tried fixing the colourspace issue, changing the output hue/gamma etc in FFDShow to no avail. It does have an impact on the picture, but the output is still essentially purple and green. I've kept my drivers updated and the problem doesn't exist outside of MP.

Can anyone give any clues? If you need more information, say so and I will endevour to furnish it! Apart from this, MP works great so hopefully it can be sorted out and used to its full potential!

TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 4:3 ratio
    Windows Version: XP Home SP2
    CPU Type: VIA C7 Esther 1.5Ghz (integrated with motherboard)
    HDD: Western Digital 80Gb
    Memory: 1Gb DDR2 400
    Motherboard: Jetway J7F2
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA CN700 Northbridge/VT 8237RP Southbridge
    Motherboard Bios: AWARD
    Video Card: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.367
    Sound Card: VIA VT1617A AC97 Codec
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WINTV-NOVA-500
    1. TV Card Type: DVB x 2
    1. TV Card Driver:

MPEG2 Video Codec: Supplied with MP
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Supplied with MP

Remote: MCE Remote

TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Cheeky

August 19, 2007
    Home Country
    I've attached a picture of the colour problem with a screenprint and the logs from MP if it helps anyone! On a second check the colours are not purely limited to purple and green, but the blues (meant to be yellow) and the reds are very pale. It's just the the greens and the purples are heavily dominant and don't seem to properly go away with any of the tweaks!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well. Sadly the VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP isn't the best graphics chip out there. MP uses since 0.2.2.0 only VMR9 as video renderer and the VIA graphics seem to have big problems with that.
    Others players often use overlay as renderer, therefore videoplayback works outside MP. I am not 100% sure with this statement. You should check this with an external player, where you can set the renderer to VMR9.

And don't use ffdshows HUE and Gamma correction. Use the Output section of ffdshow and remove the checks from all colorspace modes besides RGB.

HTH,
    Flip.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    well. Sadly the VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP isn't the best graphics chip out there

Flip's right, see if there is anyway of tweaking the graphics in the BIOS, or see if any updated drivers, problem is with VMR9 output not being handled correctly.

Even doing a search on the internet only shows problems playing games\display (MP biggest game of them all) with this GPU.

Any cheap Nvidia\ATI card will knock the spots of the VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP.

:sorry:

Cheeky

August 19, 2007
    Home Country
    I use Overlay with the WinTV software supplied with the TV card, running it in VMR9 doesn't result in the same problem as MP but it stutters a lot on the video.

Even changing the options in Output in Ffdshow doesn't make a difference :( thus it probably is to do with VMR9 and the VIA/S3G graphics... not handy as it is integrated into the motherboard (being a Mini-ITX factor) and the only PCI slot is occupied by the dual TV tuner card! *sigh* Looks like a major upgrade will be on the way!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I use Overlay with the WinTV software supplied with the TV card, running it in VMR9 doesn't result in the same problem as MP but it stutters a lot on the video.

If WinTV has a problem running those graphics in VMR9, then it shows there is no way that MP will work correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom