Issues when using iMON Display API from MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
April 17, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

because MiniDisplay does not support the new iMON software (yet), I've tried to develop a plug-in for MediaPortal 1.1.3 that uses the new iMON Display API (iMON Display API - Soundgraph Forums).

The API is working perfectly if I call it from a stand-alone .NET Windows Forms Application. However, each time I call IMON_Display_Init from within MediaPortal, the API sends a failure message to my window:

WPARAM = DSPNM_PLUGIN_FAILED (1)
LPARAM = DSPN_ERR_IMON_NO_REPLY (0x0104)

The documentation states that this means "The Latest iMON is Not Installed or iMON Not Running". But it is installed and running and it is working from my stand-alone application.

Has anyone already tried to use that API from within MediaPortal? Does anyone have a clue what might be causing the problem? Somehow SoundGraph's API seems to be unable to communicate with the iMON software. But I don't know how the API communicates with the iMON software... I've already removed the complete MiniDisplay-plugin and I've deleted the SG_VFD.dll from MediaPortal's directory so that no other driver interferes with Soundgraph's new API. Anyhow, it's not working.

I've also opened a thread at SoundGraph's forum regarding this issue (Issues when using Display API from MediaPortal - Soundgraph Forums), but maybe you have an idea, too.

Thanks and regards,
Stefan

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    First, let me apologize for not knowing the answer. But I just wanted to say that it's very nice you started developing this :) Hope you will get the answer and get this sorted. Waiting for the plugin ;)

When you say you removed complete MiniDisplay plugin, you mean you removed it from MediaPortal core source code or just disabled it in configuration?

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
    April 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Issues when using iMON Display API from MediaPortal

I've removed the MiniDisplay code (and all references to it) completely and recompiled MediaPortal (was not sure if some driver is loaded anyhow, even if the plugin is disabled).

It seems that something else is preventing the API from comminucating with the iMON sofware :confused:

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
    April 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Issues when using iMON Display API from MediaPortal

Yesterday my iMON Manager software updated automatically to version 8.01.0419. Since the update the iMON Display API is working from MediaPortal, too :D

If I succeed in developing a iMON plugin, I will post it here. I will start with the VFD version...

Cheers,
    Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom