Issues with setup (1 Viewer)

Admiral

February 5, 2009
I just installed Media Portal on my Vista x64 PC and I was wondering if my tv tuner is compatible? I have the ATI All-in-Wonder HD. Also when I go through the manual on under the television group there are features to add/edit tuner card and various other settings that I can not find (i.e. choosing which card, choosing analog or digital). This is very frustrating as I have been looking for days to find a computer based media program that lets me play blu ray, ripped dvds (in vob format) and watch/record t.v. This program looks great but, I need to know if it will work with my setup without having to do much work.
Also, I get an error message when I start the program I believe it refers to the sql server.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you install V 1.0 Final?

It has a graphical installer that shouyld have taken you through the steps of installing SQL server for you. Which installation type did you pick, singleseat, dedicated server, or client?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.25.0 All Cards Busy DE
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this problem (so there is probably more than one cause). Your symptoms (one tuner working, others not working for simultaneous use) suggest that you have setup only one tuner (so TV Server can use only one...
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this...
    I have two video cards both capable of recording two tv channels However if I try to record a program and watch another station...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without having to start the service as a different user). The reason for me trying this out was that using the "different user for service" approach, there was one minor issue where TV Service could not write to the...
    FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without...
    Hi everybody, after recently setting up a Xen hypervisor with MediaPortal 1 TV Backend on Windows Server 2012 as a virtual machine...
    Replies
    Views
    Since this thread has wandered a bit from the original issue / title, I am starting another one.
    Since this thread has wandered a bit from the original issue / title, I am starting another one.
    I have just done a virgin installation of MP 1.26 on a bare metal installation of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (because Intel does not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom