It take somtimes long time to get in music section (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I have a problem with Mediaportal 1.2.0 beta.. I think I have to post that in this forum...?

Well, the problem is:

Sometimes it takes much time to get into the music section.. Not always, but let me say once in the 5 times.. It takes than a few minutes.. If I press Ctrl +Alt + Delete and watch in taskmanager, I can see that the Mediaportal is not responding..

First I thought that the reason was the combination of fanart handler or MPdisplay2, but I have disabled those two plugins, and the problem isn't solved..

Can someone confirm this problem? Or has anyone an Idea how to solve this?

My specs:

Intel E7300
    4GB DDR2 in dual channel
    Ati HD5770, 1GB
    Anysee E30C
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme gamer
    OCZ 60GB Vertex 2 SSD
    Samsung spinpoint F3 1TB
    Mediaportal 1.2.0 beta
    Latest streamedMP

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please post some logs (ideally in Debug mode, using the Debug Start Menu item) of when this happes. Otherwise this is just reading tea leafs.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Allright, I understand.. Problem is that it don't happend all the time.. But when I have some time, I do it a couple of times, and hopefully, I get a log when it happend :) So I post is asap.

Tesla

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try to verify if it's not just waiting for the "music HDD" to spin-up or for the network connection to become available.

Once connected to the drive or share, and it's still slow bringing up the folder contents ... try breaking up large folder like A-M , N-Z ... so it has less to parse. Really helps for me.

Also, in MP config ... uncheck all music shares so there is no default. Or, make sure the default is a local HDD share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom