Itemcount in Albums view (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The #itemcount in Albums view shows x number of "songs' and then the total time/duration of the songs. This would make a lot of sense in Playlist view, but in Albums view it is totally inaccurate (they are albums not songs!). Any chance of this getting corrected?

I am using MP 1.0.2 but I think it was always like this.

All I am suggesting is that #itemcount in Album view show the usual number of objects. The exsiting output could be used nicely in the Playlist view.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You're right. the display is wrong.
    I've made already some changes to the code, but need to run more tests to be sure that i haven't broken anything else.
    if all works well, the fix is included in 1.1.0

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    While you are at it, it is possible to change the output of the text "Year:" and "Duration:" in the #current.play.year and #current.play.duration? As it is the tag includes the text from the language strings file (not sure which label since there are duplicates).

I find there are many times I want to display the data without the text label. Maybe there is some other way to do that? I think most people know what a year looks like so that label is rarely necessary and just uses up space!

Since the labels can be easily output from the languages file in the skin file if needed, I don't see why they need to be hardcoded in the tag, but perhaps there is a good reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom