itunes integration using apples sdk (1 Viewer)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    MrMario64 said:
    it has been working for MP3 for a long time allready
    you can scan and extract them in the config app.

Very cool :)

maglu

Portal Member
    April 5, 2006
    Sweden
    Just some ideas around iTunes integration. In lack of full-scale integration, why not go for importing. I know this approach doesn't provide MP with the added functionality to play files bought through iTunes but I guess what most of us want, at least I, isn't that but rather tagging and iPod integration anyway.

iTunes generates a XML-file containing the information in the library. Couldn't that file be used for importing information into MediaPortals database. Unfortunately I don't have time to look into this until the summer but it shouldn't be that hard to sync a database from a XML-file.

Another approach that wouldn't require the need for constantly sync the database could be to let MP use the actual XML-file instead of a database. Of course there would be some performance issues with regard to searching but I don't think it would be that bad.

Any comments about this?

ManOnMoon

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    Germany
    Itunes MP and Salling Clicker

Hey guys,

I'm a completly newby with MP coming from the MCE stuff. I'am playing around with the system for a few weeks now.

The feature I'am still searching is controlling my music library with my mobile phone or my PDA. The mobile device should be able to view album artwork, artist, title etc.

For MCE there are quite a few aps that try to do this. Nevrtheless I was not completly satisfied with them.

Xlobby has a great PDA interface - hopefully MPBlue will be of the same great quality soon.

But for now I found a great app called Salling Clicker. It supports a variety of phones and PDAs. And it's perfectly integrated in ITunes. Unfortunateley MP and Salling Clicker collide when controling ITunes. Maybe the ITunes plugin from Frodo can be fixed for that great app.

Thanks for the great work!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Itunes MP and Salling Clicker

ManOnMoon said:
    Hey guys,

I'm a completly newby with MP coming from the MCE stuff. I'am playing around with the system for a few weeks now.

The feature I'am still searching is controlling my music library with my mobile phone or my PDA. The mobile device should be able to view album artwork, artist, title etc.

For MCE there are quite a few aps that try to do this. Nevrtheless I was not completly satisfied with them.

Xlobby has a great PDA interface - hopefully MPBlue will be of the same great quality soon.

But for now I found a great app called Salling Clicker. It supports a variety of phones and PDAs. And it's perfectly integrated in ITunes. Unfortunateley MP and Salling Clicker collide when controling ITunes. Maybe the ITunes plugin from Frodo can be fixed for that great app.

Thanks for the great work!

ManOnMoon - Have you looked at this thread? You may want to post your ideas and any problems/suggestions you may have for a web based approach.

Esra

Portal Member
    July 23, 2006
    I use Ituenes on my media server for podcasts only.

Set it up and specify a download directory for thr podcasts.

Leave it running and set to update the podcasts automatically say every 4 hours if there are any new ones.

Then in MP i have the podcast directory in My Music.

Just go there and play the files to listen to the podcasts.

I know people like itunes for music but MP does everything it does anyway, except podcasts.

ca n vt

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2006
    itunes

Maybe I misunderstood but is there an itunes plugin? I don't see one listed in the plugin downloads. I have a bunch of previous itunes downloads that I would like to be able to play in media portal. Would that play the itunes video as well? I downloaded some tv shows from itunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom