[confirm] Jerky playback on videos (1 Viewer)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, with 1.3a I get random jerky video playback, no matter which codec I choose.
Live TV is always smooth, but some videos, SD and HD, intermittently, but regularly, give me jerky playback. I have tested this with the on-board Intel HD3000 and a PCI-E NVidia GT340 and get the same issues with both cards, so is not graphics card or driver related.
I'll attach logs asap.
Anyone else?

Kind regards.

Last edited:

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
UPDATE:
Since testing more, the jerky playback seems only a problem with 'some' videos, others are fine.
Any ideas?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Erm...dont watch the problematic ones? ;)

Are they problematic through Graphstudio?

What is the mediainfo of the problematic videos?

J.

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    I have, reluctantly, gone back to 1.2.3 and intermediate jerky playback issues have completely gone, so is definitely an issue with 1.3a.
    I will completely uninstall and then install a fresh 1.3a and attach full logs with the next two days.

Cheers.

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    OK, Logs attached. The problem is only present after installing DJBlu's Custom Data Grabber with Plugins latest SVN, Setup-MediaPortal-git-1.2.100.104 over 1.3a, but still worth mentioning just in case it's something triggered by the something in the official SVN updates.

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    This is a quote from DJBlu:
    Nothing to do with the code then m8, nothing is modified by me in that respect.
    If there is a bug in the svn then it will be spotted and fixed when the beta is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom