Jonsbo Remote with Internal IR module (2 Viewers)

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have built a new HTPC with an internal IR receiver that came fitted within my Tendraw case:
    http://it-tech-uk.com/jonsbo-multim...ler-mce-xbmc-with-internal-ir-module-diy.html

I cant seem to get the buttons working as they should. (e.g. "Back"). I tested it on XBMC as it advertises compatibilty and that seems to work.

The provide a very basic tool to remap buttons: http://it-tech-uk.com/files/Jonsbo_V2_6_5_3.exe
    But I haven't had any joy - im not sure if its even "committing" the changes I make to the remote.

Anyway, my questions are:

1 - Anyone else had experience with this remote?
    2 - Is the problem with the IR Receiver or the remote (i.e. could I try another remote?)
    3 - Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sohail

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    I have the same remote. Never got it to work satisfactorily; the basic controls are OK but it needs mappings which I haven't had time to set up.

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    I have the same remote. Never got it to work satisfactorily; the basic controls are OK but it needs mappings which I haven't had time to set up.

Hi MrTech, thanks for the reply.

That sucks. Do you know if I might be able to get a better result with another remote using the same IR receiver?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    I think it's just getting the key mappings right; if you've got anything working at all the IR receiver is probably correct (plus XBMC works). The easiest thing is to find where the mappings file lives (in ProgramData or the registry or wherever it is) and edit it by hand - the mapping GUI that comes with the remote is TERRIBLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom