Jumping/frame drops in mpeg4 video (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I've been playing around with my codec and hardware settings for my video files to get as smooth a playback as possible. I've pretty much got both SD and HD playing perfectly now, everything is very smooth and mpeg2 video looks pretty well upscaled.

I'm still having a slight issue with HD content being slightly jumpy in fast panning scenes though. The video will stutter maybe once every second almost like it's dropping a frame.

I'm convinced that it's a framerate issue as it only happens with mpeg4 content, and my tv doesn't work at multiples of 24hz (which is the framerate for hd? ), whereas sd video and tv is absolutely fine. Another reason I think it's a framerate problem is because I can improve it a bit by using the built-in framerate corrector in MP config by adjusting the 24hz video to a multiple of my tv's specs, but I can't quite get rid of the stuttering completely.

The WAG factor is preventing me getting any logs etc, but is anyone able to give me any pointers based on my description?

My tv is a 42" plasma samsung which runs at 50hz, and my graphics card is an ati 4670hd.

Thanks in advance for any help.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Shift+1 shows you internal statistics about playback. I think that in second line is shown drawn and dropped frames, numbers are preceded by text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom