Justop G-PC mini wifi speed (1 Viewer)

dcweather

Portal Member
July 24, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
On my 150+ mbps optic fibre wifi I am only getting <10 mbps whereas my desktop I get over 150 and the desktop this replaced was >50mbps.
Justop say "G-PC is a low power system, it has only 12V 5A powers everything. The wifi speed at 8MB is sufficient to do everything well." So is this correct and the reason for the low speeds?
Dave

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    curious if this uses a Realtek RTL87238BS 2.4 GHz chipset for wifi/bluetooth. My HP stream8 tablet and the same radio/chips are timeshared for both functions. There is s settings that lets you tweak performance

DeviceManager > Network Adapters (select wifi) > Properties > Advanced

I have a Wifi-Configure option, that can select "Performance" or "Wifi". With "Perf" Bluetooth works better, less stutter for audio, mouse. "Wifi" gives better Wifi network speed.

dcweather

Portal Member
    July 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. Yes it is that adapter (although I think you may have added an extra '8' in front of the 'B'). Interestingly, if I set it to <Wifi> the Bluetooth keyboard doesn't work at all so I may be stuck with <perf> setting although I didn't notice any change in wifi speed between them. May just try it with a USB keyboard and wifi setting just to see if that makes any difference.
    As per their statement does a low power 12v system automatically mean download speeds will be down by a factor of 10x ?
    Dave

dcweather

Portal Member
    July 24, 2015
    Home Country
    PING! Anyone out there with a view on this?
    Justop say "G-PC is a low power system, it has only 12V 5A powers everything. The wifi speed at 8MB is sufficient to do everything well." So is this correct and the reason for the low speeds? I still don't understand why I am getting less than 10 mbps on a wifi capable of 160mbps. Downloads are very, very slow and 8mbps isn't sufficient to do downloads well. Anyone else getting this on Justop or Cyclone mini PC's?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    my hp-stream8 tablet, more or less the same CPU/SystemOnChip, same wifi, etc setup,as your mini-pc, use task manager Performance/Wifi to watch network,

copy large video file from tablet to desktop/server, wifi performance is 8-10 Mbps with tablet in living room, 10-13 Mbps if I go to bedroom and stand a few feet from wifi router. distance change is 1 wall and about 10 feet, so my tablet is more or less the same wifi perf you are seeing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom