Justop G-PC Quad Core Windows 8.1 Mini PC (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you upload some pictures please?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    2e21jq8.jpg

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's it - the energy gets dissipated from the little spot at the bottom of the board via the large pad to the bottom of the case. What a nonsense design - probably owing to the budget, as a better case would have driven up the price of the little toy.

dcweather

Portal Member
    July 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Sounds a bit simplistic but I have mine now and thought it could be stood upside down so the ventilation holes are at the top!
    Anyway great little bit of kit and mine only just gets slightly warm with its low usage. One thing though - I have Virgin 150 mps fibre broadband and get that on my desktop but speed test on Justop is showing just 1.0- 5.0 mps download but strangely still 10 mps upload same as desktop. Any ideas?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    @HTPCSourcer

I've made the mistake of changing my language settings before setting .Net3.5 in control panel, and now im having all sorts of problems installing MP as it can't connect to Microsoft updates during install.

Is there any way of going back to factory reset with Win8.1 so I can do the install in the correct order, as per your original post?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my report I explicitely mentioned that 3.5 should be initialized before changing region and language.;)

Actually all that is required is an internet access without WSUS in between. If this still fails, you can select a repair or total reset in the PC setting section of Win 8.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I know, I didn't read your guide fully to be fair :D

Thanks for the heads up, where is the reset in pc settings? I'm a total win8 phobe! Also, do you think that win10 update will have the same issue with language settings and .Net3.5?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Open the side menu by moving the mouse cursor either to the top or bottom right area. You will see a series of symbols. Click on the wheel (should be the last one, at the bottom). You should then see Change PC Settings at the very bottom - Click and select the Update/refresh option.

Regarding Win 10 and .Net 3.5 I have no idea. But frankly, there should be absolutely no problem if you activate .Net 3.5 and let the system perform its own update prior to changing any language setting. Once this is done, you are free to adjust the system to your requirements. All update processes will then work correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom