Keyboard Mapping (1 Viewer)

jp2code

Portal Member
December 27, 2012
Longview, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There is probably a sticky somewhere that I can't find.

I'm looking for help on what keys on the keyboard are mapped?

Specifically, at this time, I am trying to toggle Full Screen and Windowed display.

XBMC was OK, but I hate the name Kodi so much that I am leaving it.

WMC7 is good, but Microsoft just can't seem to understand that it could use a bit of refinement.

So, I'm going to take a look at MediaPortal.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm looking for help on what keys on the keyboard are mapped?
    hi jp2code, you're probably looking for our amazing Wiki :p

The specific pages you're looking for can be found here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ediaPortal/01_Basics/03_Navigation/2_Keyboard
    links to other sections and keyboard shortcuts for those are in the text written above the buttons.

You can find the section in MP Config >> General >> Keyboard Default.
    >> Wiki page <<

Good luck and have fun with MP!
    And give a shout if you have any questions. ;)

jp2code

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Longview, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks gang!

A few years back when I first started using XBMC, I asked a question very similar to this. The answer was only from a single person who said to read the wiki. No link to where it was in the wiki or what wiki he might be referring to.

HomeY's link up there even includes a large keypad pic that I can print out and stick on the wall for a few days while I try to figure this out.

I'm liking this group better already. :)

I hate to keep bringing up the competition, but when changing skins on XBMC - everything changes! Menus are in different places and a lot of the menus even appear to have different options (some I can't always find). Then, some features might not work so well with a skin in place, leaving me struggling with that new skin to find out how to get it OFF.

Something I'd like to find in a skin: All have a Weather tab. Most of these tabs just show the same boring 3, 7, or 10 day forecast. Some will give a time laps of the last 6 or 12 hours in the past or in the future. I ride a motorcycle to work and often like to coordinate times that I will be working outside, so seeing a time laps of what the weather is supposed to do tells me so much more than a forecast that shows 30% chance of rain.

Does anyone know what skins will support this sort of Weather feature?

...actually, I'm looking at the Home Screen on Media Portal right now, and I don't see a Weather tab. I thought it was there, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom