KNC One diseqc and cam support with 1.4? (1 Viewer)

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi guys,

does anybody knows if the patches provided by mm1352000 for the Mepo 1.2.1, to provide propper diseqc and cam support, are already integrated in Mepo 1.2.3?
I tried to reach mm1352000 but got no answer. So I'm still stuck here on 1.2.1.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Django

Sorry for the lack of response. These days I have little time to check the forum - I focus all the time that I have on development.
    The answer to your question is no. Point releases (eg. 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3) are meant to only contain bug fixes, not new features. The stuff that I'm working on is technically a mix of new feature and bug fix, but it involves more than just KNC - it includes Anysee, TBS, NetUP, DVBSky, TerraTec, Twinhan, TechnoTrend... pretty much any hardware. I'm doing my utmost to get it done for 1.3a, but I think I will probably fail unless the release date is moved by a week or so. I have too much to do and not enough time!

mm

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi mm,
    nice to hear from you. I was worried, because we heard so little of you. I hope that all is well with you and it is only because of the limited time.
    I want you too do not be distressed with inquiries. I hope very much that the changes can be incorporated into the 1.3 beta and final.
    If not, do you think that you can find the time to create a patch for 1.2.3 or where can I find the sources in order to eventually compile myself.

Once again, thank you for the effort that you are doing. I really appreciate it.
    Best regards
    Django

PS: If I can provide some help, let me know.

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @mm1352000
    Hi mm, sorry to bother you, but could you give me a hint if the KNC one (single tuner) will be fully supported with 1.4? Or do I need to wait for TVE3.5?
    With 1.3 the diseqc does not always work.
    Thanks for clarification.

Last edited:

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I tried also the current master 1.3.100.788 and compiled myself. But without success, the cam seems to work fine but the diseqc is not realy reliable. Sometimes it Switches and sometimes not. I must say that with the patches for mp 1.2.1 provided by mm135200 this works like a charm.
    I realy would like to upgrade to a newer Version of mepo because I'm really missing the latest stuff but I'm stuck here with 1.2.1.
    So any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom